Учебник Т.Ю. Дроздовой. Задание – выполнить в отдельной тетради следующие упражнения:
- упр. 2 (I, II), стр. 73; упр. 15, стр. 77 (на времена);
- упр. 1, стр. 103 (I); упр. 2, стр. 104 (Прямая/Косвенная речь, Согласование времен);
- упр. 13, стр. 115 (Страдательный залог);
- упр. 1 (I), стр. 331
- упр. 2 (I, II), стр. 73 (на времена);
Put the verb in brackets into the Past Indefinite, the Past Continuous, the Past Perfect and the Past Perfect Continuous.
I. (A, B)
1. Where you (go) when I (meet) you in the street yesterday? – I (go) to tell the watch-maker that he (forget) to send my watch. 2. This, however, (enable) him to add some ideas which he (omit) in the first copy. 3. They (decide) to rebuild the church when they (find) that the cement used (begin) to crumble. 4. He (be) so ill that he (find) himself unable to complete the work he (begin). 5. She (turn) the light back on, (lie) on the sofa and (take) up the book she (read). 6. His secretary (take) the paper from the table where he (put) it, and (go) out. 7. It (be) near midnight when they (come) in from dinner, still laughing at something he (say) in the dinning-room. 8. It (be) two o’clock. Eliza (be) suddenly thoroughly awake. She (sit) up in her bed and (circle) her knees with her arms. It (rain), the way it (rain) for days. 9. In his turn Jolyon (look) back at his son. He (want) to talk about many things that he (be) unable to talk about all these years. 10. She (be) at the station after all, standing just as he (imagine), apart from the others. 11. He (come) back on Saturday, as he (promise). They all (wait) for him in the sitting-room. When he (enter) everybody (rush) forward to him to embrace and hug him in greeting. 12. The state of his clothes indicated that he (play) football in the muddy field.
II. (B, C)
1. The woman (busy) herself with cooking, while the man (slice) bacon and (fire) the stove. 2. He was up before the sun on the last day. A gale from the west (blow) all night, making him wakeful. 3. It (be) a cold, harsh, winter day. There (be) snow some hours before, and it (lie), not deep, but hard-frozen on the ground. 4. He (try) to catch what they (say), but they (be) too far from him and (speak) in very low voices.5. As the wet twilight (deepen), I (stop) in a solitary bridle-path, which I (pursue) an hour or more.6. He (not/be) so much surprised to see me as I (expect).7. I (go) to bed and (fall) asleep, when my guardian (knock) at the door of my room and (beg) me to get up directly.8. I (have) a wash and brush-up before starting out to go to the luncheon Elliot (invite) me to, when they (ring) up from the reception to say that he (be) below. 9. Mrs Bedwin, who (listen) at the parlour door, (hasten) into the corridor in a breathless state.10. Sara (be right) in her prediction. Madam Sharon’s face (be) a picture the next morning when she (find) out that Sara (go).
упр. 15, стр. 77 (на времена);
Put the verbs in brackets into the Present Indefinite, the Future Indefinite, the Past Indefinite, the Past Continuous, the Past Perfect and the Future-in-the-Past.
It (be) Ashley’s birthday and Melanie (give) him a surprise reception that night.
Everyone (know) about the reception, except Ashley. Even his children (know). Everyone in the town who (be) nice (be invited). General Gordon and his family graciously (accept) the invitation. Alexander Stephens (say) he (be) present if his ever-uncertain health (permit). Scarlett never (see) Melanie so excited or so happy.
"You see, dear, Ashley (not/have) a birthday party since we (come) here. And he (work) so hard and he (be) so tired. When he (get) home at night he (be) surprised when everybody (come) in!" Melanie´s house (blaze) lights from every room. It (be packed) with guests. They (overflow) on verandas and many (