THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE AND PRESENT SIMPLE
Упражнение 1. Выберите нужную форму глагола в скобках (Present Progressive or Present Simple)
1. Vegetarians are people who (don’t eat/are not eating) meat.
2. Look out! My husband (comes/is coming)
3. Some people still think the sun (goes/is going) round the earth.
4. I (play/am playing) tennis every weekend.
5. Who (sits/is sitting) in my chair?
6. An alcoholic is a person who (drinks/is drinking) too much and can’t stop.
7. What (are you looking/do you look) at? «A strange bird».
8. We usually (stay/are staying) with Peggy when we go to Chicago.
9. Not many passenger planes (fly/are flying) faster than sound.
Упражнение 2. Поставьте глагол в нужное время (Present Progressive or Present Simple)
1. I (think) he’s away.
2. You (know) what I (mean).
3. We (always start) at nine.
4. While the butter (melt) you (take) three eggs and (break) them into a bowl.
THE PAST PROGRESSIVE AND PAST SIMPLE TENSE
Упражнение 3. Закончите предложения, употребив «did, was,were».
1. … you working when I rang?
No, I … n’t.
2. … you see me on television?
Yes, I …
Упражнение 4. Закончите предложения, употребив глаголы в Past Progressive or Past Simple.
1. They … for me when I … at the station (wait/arrive).
2. She … in the sea when I … her (swim/see).
Упражнение 5. Постройте предложения, поставив глагол в скобках в форму Present Perfect.
1. … to Rome? (you ever be)
Have you ever been to Rome?
2. … this film before (I see)
Упражнение 6. Закончите предложения, употребив приведённые ниже глаголы в форме Present Perfect.
break, buy, decide, forget, go, go, invite, see, not/see, take, tell
1. «Can I have this newspaper?» «Yes, I’ve finished with it».
2. I … some new shoes. Do you want to see them?
Упражнение 7. Закончите предложения, вставив already (I’ve already …) or yet (He hasn’t … yet) (They haven’t … yet)
1. Mark: Let’s go to the new SpielmanN exhibition at the Modern Art Museum.
Jane: I’ve already seen it. It’s not very good. (see)
2. David: Don’t forget to tell Mary the good news.
Liz: I … and she was very happy. (tell)
PRESENT PERFECT and PAST SIMPLE
(а) Раскройте скобки, употребив глагол в требуемом времени (Present Perfect или Past Simple).
1. I (read) that book. I’ve read that book.
2. She (go) home three days ago. She went home three days ago.
3. I (meet) Mr. and Mrs. Shelley.
Captain Ben Fawcett 0 has bought an unusual taxi and 1(begin) a new service. The ‘taxi’ is a small Swiss aeroplane called a ‘Pilatus Porter’. This wonderful plane can carry seven passengers. The most surprising thing about it, however, is that it can land anywhere: on snow, water, or even on a ploughed field.
Captain´s Fawcett´s first passenger 2 (be) a doctor who 3 (fly) from Birmingham to a lonely village in the Welsh mountains. Since then, Captain Fawcett 4 (fly) passengers to many unusual places. Once he 5 (land) on the roof of a block of flats and on another occasion, he 6 (land) in a deserted car park. Captain Fawcett 7 (just refuse) a strange request from a businessman. The man 8 (want) to fly Rockall, a lonely island in the Atlantic Ocean, but Captain Fawcett 9 (not take) him because the trip 10 (be) too dangerous.
(в) 1. Betty wrote/has written her test yesterday.
1. She was/has been to London four times.
PRESENT PERFECT with FOR and SINCE
Упражнение 9. Употребите в предложениях Present Perfect, выбрав правильный предлог (since или for).
1. I’ve worked here (for/since) six years.
I’ve worked here for six years.
2. I’ve worked in the factory (for/since) 1970....