Контрольная робота № 2
Вариант № 4
I. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в Present Perfect, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. They (to buy) a new car this year.
2. I never (to be) to Great Britain.
3. Can I have this newspaper? – Yes, I (to finish) with it.
4. Our partners already (to solve) the problem.
5. Your cousins (to arrive) yet?
6. My brother (to leave) school recently.
II. Поставьте глаголы в Present Perfect или Past Simple.
1. I (to read) these magazines lately.
2. My parents (to call) me last week.
3. I’m looking for Paula. You (to see) her?
4. Rose lives in St. Petersburg. She (to live) there for 15 years.
5. He (to watch) an interesting soap-opera on TV yesterday.
III. Раскройте скобки, поставьте глаголы в Past Simple или Past Perfect.
1. When we (to get) home last night, we found that we (to forget) our keys inside.
2. Mother (to finish) to cook dinner, when her son (to come) from the University.
3. I (to wait) for half an hour before the bus (to come).
4. My brother (to enter) the University after he (to come) from the Army.
5. Jack (to tell) us yesterday that he (to visit) England two years ago.
IV. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в будущее время (Simple, Continuous, Perfect), переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Engineers (to discuss) this problem tomorrow.
2. We (to have) meeting from 12 to 15 on Monday.
3. I (to finish) my report by next month.
4. My friend (to know) the result of his job interview in a day.
5. What you (to do) at nine o’clock tomorrow?
V. Подчеркните сказуемое предложения, определите его видовременную форму, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Ann and her parents will go to Turkey next summer.
2. The secretary is discussing something on the phone now.
3. We went to the cinema yesterday.
4. I haven’t seen you for ages!
5. She was upset because her friend hadn’t come to the party yet.
6. My father likes drinking strong coffee.
7. We were having an exam on History from 9 to 12 yesterday.
VI. Подчеркните модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты в предложениях, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. I like this hotel room. You can see the mountains out of the window.
2. I was tired, but I couldn’t sleep.
3. She needn’t clean the floor. It isn’t very dirty.
4. We must go to the bank today. We haven’t got any money.
5. If you have time, you should visit the Science Museum. It’s interesting.
6. Our friend has to come on Sunday.
VII. Заполните пропуски соответствующими модальными глаголами и их эквивалентами.
1. Traffic is awful in Moscow. You … be careful. (can/could/ should)
2. I … to meet my mother yesterday as she came home late. (had/can/could)
3. You … not drink it. It’s poison! (have to/must/may)
4. … I smoke here? (should/must/may)
5. Yesterday I … come to the party because I was ill. (mustn’t/ can’t/couldn’t)
6. You will … speak English in a few months. (can/be able to/ could)
VIII. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод существительных в функции определения.
1. Examination period usually lasts for about 3 weeks.
2. Most of the city parks are ready for summer season
3. The weather forecast for the weekend isn’t favourable.
4. She invited a lot of guests to her birthday party.
5. Computer games take all my son’s free time.
IX. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на степени сравнения прилагательных и наречий и на сравнительные конструкции.
1. Your brother is taller than you.
2. My job isn’t very interesting. I want to do something more interesting.
3. Paris is one of most beautiful cities in the world.
4. The more we learn the more we know.
5. This hotel isn’t as expensive as that one.
6. My work is much more difficult than yours.
7. Do you know the longest river in the world?
X. Заполните пропуски словами many, much, a lot of.
1. My best friend spends … money on her clothes.
2. Did you buy … food?