I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них
глагол-сказуемое, выпишите его и определите видо-временную форму и залог
глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложение на русский язык. Обратите
внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
1. Quota is the maximum quantity of a product that may be admitted in a
country during a certain period of time.
2. New products are being developed all the time to replace older products
which are coming to the end of their lives.
3. The complaints are being answered in writing.
4. Our latest designs are aimed at fashion-conscious men and women.
5. Fashion sewing is being looked upon industry as a movement, not as a fad.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните причастие,
выпишите его, определите, является ли оно Participle I или Participle II и
установите функции каждого из них, т. е. укажите является ли оно
определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого.
1. The successful co-operation is based on fairness and logic, combining the
high quality of its product and the possibilities the company can provide as a market
2. Now, this new book brings together all the proven, tested, instant answers
salespeople will ever want.
3. Some Japanese people choose to buy Burberry products made in Europe
rather than in Japan.
4. Her wardrobe planned to fit her life-style gave her self-confidence.
5. When wetted the material is less strong than when it is dry.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, переведите предложения на
русский язык, обращая внимание на разные значения слов THAT , IT, ONE и
определите функции этих слов в предложении.
1. Most manufactures of luxury brands do not wish to produce their goods in
low-cost countries because they believe that it will damage their brand.
2. “My number one advertising principle – if I have one – is to wake up the
customer”, concluded Knight.
3. The problem with all department stores is that they all look the same.
4. One should be dressed warmly in winter.
5. It was Charles Worth, an Englishman, who became the Father of Haute
Couture and made Paris a fashion capital during the 19th century.
6. It is a good plan to buy your new purse and shoes the same season as the next
season usually finds a new shade in fashion.
IV. Перепишите следующие предложения и письменно переведите их на
русский язык. Обратите внимание на перевод условных предложений.
1. If our production costs increase, we may have to raise our prices.
2. We’ll give you a 15% discount if you pay cash.
3. If you are going to buy ready-made clothes, whenever possible, try on the
garment to make sure that it both suits you and fits well; thereby you may avoid an
4. If Kart Lagerfeld had not emigrated to Paris at the age of 14, he would have
never become one of the most celebrated designers of the 20th century.
5. If this dress were a dress with one skirt and two bodices, it would be possible
to wear it in different situations, as evening attire or a dress for official ceremonies
V. Перепишите слова из рамочки. Перепишите письмо, заполняя пробелы
подходящими по смыслу словами из рамки. Подчеркните вставленные слова.
Будьте внимательны: некоторые слова лишние.
email@example.com acting pleased firstname.lastname@example.org
obliged seeing to bring to attend arrange
From: (1) _______
To: (2) _______
Subject: My visit to Oxford
Dear Mr Patterson,
Further to our meeting last month, you will be (3) _______ to hear that Dr Piti
Hutasingh is interested in (4) _______ as your agent in Thailand.
Dr Piti Hutasingh is visiting London next week. If you wish, I would be happy (5)
_______ him with me when I come to see you in Oxford next Thursday. In my
opinion, this meeting will be really useful for both of you.
Could you possibly (6) _______ accommodation for us for one night at the
I am looking to (7) _______ you on the 15