I. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
а) 1. The president of the company has shown some interest in spare parts for the equipment.
2. The Buyers and the Sellers were discussing the possibility of the purchase of inventory during their talks yesterday.
б) 1. Goods are always insured in transit through an insurance company or insurance brokers.
2. The customer was quite satisfied with our after-sales service1.
1 Пояснение к упражнению:
1. after-sales service - обслуживание на дому работниками магазина.
II. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните Participle I и Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли причастие определением, обстоятельством или частью глагола-сказуемого. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
2. The Articles included in the IMF´s Agreement were signed by all its members.
3. Not knowing the main principles of the agreement, the director refused to sign it.
1. When buying equipment consumers take servicing costs into account.
2. Working in international trade you need to be familiar with the different types of payment that exist.
3. Loans support programs are solved with the help of economic reforms which can avert economic crises.
4. Projects assisted by the Bank also receive cofmancing from official sources, such as governments and export-credit agencies.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. There are various ways in which you can send money to your suppliers under open account.
2. In business situations you may handle money or deal with figures and money on paper.
3. The quality of the goods is to be in strict conformity with the technical data of the manufacturing plant.
4. A manager ought to make careful decisions.
IV. Прочитайте и устно переведите текст. Перепишите и письменно переведите 2 и 3 абзацы текста.
1. The British Government has always attached great importance to the rounds of GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) talks. The European Community acts for Britain and the other member states in international trade negotiations.
2. The Government welcomes outward and inward investment. Inward investment is promoted by its Invest in Britain Bureau as a means of introducing new technology, products and menegement styles; creating employment; and increasing exports and substituting imports. Every year inflow of direct and portfolio investment is more titan in the previous year. Outward investment helps to develop markets for British exports while providing earnings in the form of interest, profits and dividents.
3. The Governments assists exporters by creating favourable conditions and by providing practical help, advice and financial support. British Invisibles, financed mainly by the private sector, promotes invisible trade. ECGD (Export Credit Guarantee Department), a government department, specialises in making available insurance for British exporters of capital goods sold on short-term credit, allowing exporters to overcome many of the risks in selling overseas.
V. Прочитайте 1-ый абзац текста и письменно ответьте на следующий вопрос:
What organization acts for Britain and the other member stutes in international trade negatiations?