Задание 1. Перепишите следующие предложения. Поставьте в них пропущенные притяжательные местоимения.
1. I am a teacher. I like ... job. It’s interesting.
2. ... family is large. He has three sisters and two brothers.
3. We don’t have ... teacher. He is boring.
4. ... flowers are very nice. She takes care of ... everyday.
Задание 2. Перепишите предложения. Укажите виды – временную форму глагола – сказуемого. Переведите предложения.
1. My sister usually gets up at 7 o’clock.
2. Maybe, we will go to the disco, if you don’t mind.
3. They planned to take a trip to the mountains last year.
4. My working day began at 10 a.m. yesterday.
5. My mother watches TV show everyday.
Задание 3.Напишите степени сравнения следующих прилагательных:
Rich, Happy, Comfortable, Poor, Clean, Interesting, Pretty, Busy, Long, Bad, Big, Good
Задание 4. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык:
1. There is a comfortable chair near the window
2. There are a lot of books on the shelf
3. There are many apples in the plate
4. There are not so many students at the classroom
Задание 5. Поставьте в следующих предложениях неопределенные предложения some or any.
1. Do you have ... bread?
2. Is there ... water in the glass?
3. I bought ... tomatoes in the supermarket.
4. Some student of our group ... work on a computer.
Задание 6. Заполните пропуски определенным или неопределенным артиклем:
1. This is ... text book. ... text book is old.
2. Open ... text book. Read ... text.
3. This is ... melon. ... melon is tasty.
4. I like warm weather. Today ... weather is cold.
Задание 7. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на местоимения it.
1. It is dark. I must go home.
2. It is very noisy here. Please, be quiet.
3. It is Sunday. You remember we sometimes go to the theater on Sunday.
4. My sister’s husband loves drama.
Задание 8. Поставьте в пропуски модальные глаголы can, must or could.
1. I ... swim. I ... swim a mile without a rest.
2. You ... study hard. You will not pass your exams, if you don’t work hard.
3. My grandfather ... recite poems very well, when he was young.
4. I ... swim easily, when I was years old.
Задание 9. Прочтите текст и переведите его устно. Затем перепишите и переведите заглавие и абзацы 1, 3 и 5.
Industrial revolution – промышленная революция.
Several influences came together at the same time to revolutionize Britain’s industry: money, labor, a greater demand for goods, new power, and better transport.
Increased food production made it possible to feed large populations in the new towns. These populations were made up of the people who had lost their land through enclosures and were looking for work. They now needed to buy things they had never needed before. In the old days people in the villages had grown their own food, made many of their own clothes and generally managed without having to buy very much. As landless workers these people had to buy food, clothing and everything else they needed. This created an opportunity to make and sell more goods than ever before. The same landless people who needed these things also became the workers who made them.
By the 1740’s the main problem holding back industrial growth was fuel. There was less wood, and in any case wood could not produce the heat necessary to make iron and steel either in large quantities or of high quality. But at this time the use of coal for changing iron ore into good quality iron or steel was perfected, and this made Britain the leading iron producer in Europe. This happened only just in time for many wars in which Britain was to fight, mainly against France, for the rest of the century. The demand for coal grew very quickly. In 1800 Britain was producing four times as much coal as it had done in 1700, and eight times as much iron.