КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА 1
1. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, во времена групп Simple (Indefinite) или Continuous. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Mary (meet) her friends at a cafe every weekend.
2. The Whites have bought a new flat. They (move in) at the moment.
3. My mum (cook) when I came home.
4. All the evening yesterday we (watch) a very interesting film.
2. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, во времена групп Perfect или Perfect Continuous. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Someone (switch) on the TV.
2. He is the most interesting person I ever (meet).
3. I am tired now. I (clean) the house all morning.
4. When we arrived at the station, our train (leave).
3. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Выпишите из каждого глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму. Напишите форму инфинитива глагола.
1. Не has been learning French since he was five.
2. I know you are taking an advanced geography course now.
3. It has been raining since early morning.
4. BBC experts invented a new system that lets the deaf understand television programmes.
5. By the sixteenth century a new economic system had replaced feudalism.
6. The number of people without work is rising very fast.
4. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Подчеркните модальные глаголы.
1. I was so tired but I could not sleep.
2. I had to go to the bank yesterday to get some money.
3. You should wash your hands before cooking.
4. I must hurry.
5. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
Since ancient times Nature has served Man, being the source of his life. For thousands of years people lived in harmony2 with environment and it seemed to them that natural riches were unlimited. But with the development of civilization man’s interference4 in nature began to increase5.
Large cities with thousands of smoky industrial enterprises appear all over the world today. The by-products of their activity pollute the air we breathe, the water we drink, the land we grow grain and vegetables on.
Every year world industry pollutes the atmosphere with about 1000 million tons of dust and other harmful substances. Many cities suffer from smog. Vast forests are cut and bum in fire. Their disappearance upsets the oxygen balance. As a result some rare species of animals, birds, fish and plants disappear forever, a number of rivers and lakes dry up.
The pollution of air and the world´s ocean, destruction of the ozone layer is the result of man´s careless interaction with nature, a sign of the ecological crisis.
Environmental protection is of a universal concern. That is why serious measures to create a system of ecological security should be taken.
Some progress has been already made in this direction. As many as 159 countries - members of the UNO - have set up environmental protection agencies.
Numerous conferences have been held by these agencies to discuss problems facing ecologically poor regions. An international environmental research centre has been set up on Lake Baikal. The international organization Greenpeace is also doing much to preserve the environment.
But these are only the initial steps and they must be carried onward to protect nature, to save life on the planet not only for the sake of the present but also for the future generations.
Пояснения к тексту
1. ancient - древний;
2. harmony — гармония;
3. environment-окружающая среда;
4. interference - вмешательство;
5. to increase - увеличиваться, возрастать;
6. smoky - дымный;
7. by-product —побочный продукт
6. Перепишите вопросы к тексту и письменно ответьте на них.
1. How did people live for thousands of years?
2. What cities appear all over the world today?
3. What pollutes the air we breathe?
4. What is the result of the pollution the atmosphere?
5. Why is environmental protection of a universal concern?