I. Переведите письменно существительные (1 - 10).
Выберите определения (a – j), соответствующие существительным.
1) nation a) the transfer of a company or organization from government to private ownership and control
2) industry b) the group of people who govern a country or state
3) government с) the production of goods, especially those made made in factories
4) stake d) the large-scale production of goods
5) inflation e) dishonest, illegal or immoral behavior, especially from someone with power
6) surplus f) the use of money to get a profit or to make a business activity successful
7) privatization g) a situation in which there are a lot of problems that must be dealt with quickly
8) investment h) a country, considered especially in relation to its people and its social or economic structure
9) crisis i) a share or an interest in an enterprise, especially a financial share
10) corruption j) an amount of something that is more than what is used or needed
II. В следующих предложениях подчеркните определения, выраженные именем существительным, и переведите эти предложения на русский язык.
1. Europe began to take data protection seriously over fifteen years ago.
2. Today designers can make or break car companies.
3. India’s IT industry is growing at an incredible rate.
III. В следующих предложениях подчеркните глагол-сказуемое, определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. More than half a million new businesses are created each year in America alone. (Present Simple, Passive Voice)
2. Certainly, the cost of entering the market has gone up. (Present Perfect, Active Voice)
3. The average age of the population will rise in the future. (Future Simple, Active Voice)
IV. В следующих предложениях подчеркните модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Monopolies may exist at the local level because of geographic location
2. There should be strong stimulus which motivates the personnel to search new.
3. Companies have to follow certain rules when advertising their products.
V. В следующих предложениях подчеркните Participle 1 и Participle 2. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. To end the contract, one month’s written notice (by post not e-mail) is required.
2. Politeness can help to improve the working environment for people in the same office.
3. Job applications are examined and the best candidates are interviewed.
VI. Прочитайте и устно переведите на русский язык весь текст.
What Type of Economic System Does Brazil Have?
1. Brazil is the largest country in South America, and its economy dwarfs that of other South American nations. Like many nations of the world, Brazil operates a mixed economy that includes characteristics of market-based capitalism, as well as socialist planning. Brazil has a growing mixed economy.
2. The mixed economy of Brazil includes large agricultural, manufacturing and mining sectors. Although some industries, such as railroads and utilities, have been privatized, the government owns large stakes in other industries.
The Brazilian government owns more than 50 percent of Petrobras, the country´s largest energy company.
3. Once burdened by high inflation in the 1980s, Brazil has asserted itself in the global economy. The CIA World Factbook reported that the country ran record trade surpluses from 2003 to 2007.
In 2008, the gross domestic product (GDP) of the Brazilian economy was an estimated $2 trillion (in U.S. dollars), making it the 10th-largest in the world.
4. Privatization efforts by the Brazilian government in the 1990s brought a wave of investment from the United States and Europe, which contributed to robust economic growth over the past decade. In addition, prudent monetary and fiscal policy measures shielded Brazil from the worst of the global financial crisis of 2008, according to the U.S. State Department.
Despite Brazil´s economic progress, wid