Если не нашли готовую, требуемую Вам работу по английскому языку, пишите в сообщения. Выполню качественно и по демпинговой стоимости.
1. Установите соответствия между фразами и словами:
a) a court 1. A magistrate who is not a professional and not trained in law.
b) a verdict 2. A person against whom a legal action is brought.
c) a lay magistrate 3. An official who inquires into the cause of any death thought to be from violent or unnatural causes.
d) a coroner 4. Decision reached by a jury on a question of fact in a law case.
e) a defendant 5. A place where law-cases are held.
2. Переведите предложения:
1. Such matters as contract and tort disputes, claims to land, or those regarding the property of a dead person are dealt with in county courts.
2. The sentencing jurisdiction of these courts is limited to imposing a fine of up to 1000 pounds or maximum prison sentence of six months.
3. The legal system also includes juvenile courts (which deal with offenders under seventeen) and coroners’ courts, which investigate violent, sudden or unnatural deaths.
4. The highest court of appeal in England and Wales is the House of Lords.
5. Criminal case usually begins in a Magistrates’ Court.
3. Перепишите предложения в пассивном залоге и переведите их:
1. Someone’s interviewing Dr Johnson at the moment.
Dr Johnson ….
2. You mustn’t use this machine after 5.30 p.m.
This machine ….
3. We had warned him the day before not to go too near the prison.
4. They were painting the outside of the ship when the accident happened.
The outside of the ship ….
5. You must clean this machine every time you use it.
This machine ….
4. Поставьте предложения в отрицательную форму и переведите их:
1. The policeman preserves public order.
2. This man killed the victim an hour ago.
3. Your sister will work in militia next year.
4. He has been in prison now for three years.
5. When Tom arrived at the crime scene, the offender had already gone.
5. Задайте все возможные вопросы к предложениям и переведите предложения:
1. We take police sciences classes at night school.
2. The old judge interviewed the suspect on Wednesday.
3. He has never seen the accident before.
6. Перепишите каждое предложение как утвердительное, вопросительное или отрицательное согласно указанию и переведите эти предложения:
1. Does he interview all witnesses. (positive)
2. The detective has taken measures for the detection of the criminal. (question)
3. The militia officers took active measures to detect the offender. (negative)
4. He makes a plan of the investigation. (negative)
5. The officers provide the punishment of such people. (question)
7. Поставьте глаголы в скобках в соответствующую временную форму и переведите предложения:
1. I (not yet to see) our divisional inspector today.
2. He (to play) the piano yesterday?
3. What you (to prepare) for today?
4. She (to make) a plan of investigation last Saturday.
5. Where you (to put) my pictures of the crime scene? I cannot find them.
8. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на придаточные предложения условия и времени:
1. As soon as we (to arrive) at the crime scene, we (to be able) to question all persons present at the scene.
2. If the witnesses (to come), we (to interview) them.
3. When I (to become) an investigator, I (to trace) criminals.
4. All the students (to have) their practice when they (to be) in the fourth year.
5. Read this article on Criminal Law while I (to do) the translation.
9. Переведите предложения:
1. Police may face great challenges during the Olympic Games.
2. Police must keep public order.
3. Could you tell me the way to the stadium?
4. You should call the Embassy.
5. How can I help you?