Контрольная работа №1
Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст на русский язык.
We are seven in the family: Mother, Father, a brother, a sister, my wife, my daughter and I (me).
My name is Alex Sviridov. I am 26. At the age of 18 I finished school and then I was in the Russian Army. When I returned home, I went to work to the construction site where my Father works. I am a bricklayer. Last year I entered The Tomsk State University of Architecture and Building (part-time department).
My father is 52 years old. He works at the construction site, he is an engineer. My mother is two years younger than my father. She is an economist but now she does not work, she keeps house.
My sister’s name is Ann. She is the youngest in our family. She is a teacher. She teaches physics at one of our town’s schools. She likes her job very much. She is not married. My elder brother Denis does not live with us, he lives in St. Petersburg and has a family of his own.
I am married. My wife’s name is Helen. She is 25, she is one year younger than me. She studies in the Polytechnic University. She is going to be a manager. My little daughter was born three years ago. Every morning, except Sundays and Saturdays, we take her to the kindergarden.
We live in four-room flat in a modern block of flats. Our flat has all modern conveniences: gas, central heating, cold and hot running water and a telephone. We all like to gather in the evening, talk about the latest news, watch TV or read and study. We have lots of friends who often come to see us on Saturday evenings or on Sunday.
1. Ответьте на вопросы.
а) 1. What is your name?
2. How old are you?
3. Do you work?
4. Where do you work?
5. What do you do? (What are you?)
6. When did you live school?
7. When did you begin to work?
8. Do you like your job?
9. Are you married?
10. Do you study?
b) 1. Have you a family?
2. How many are you in the family?
3. What does your father (mother) do? (What is your father (mother)?)
4. Have you any sisters or brothers?
5. How old is your mother (father, sister, brother)?
6. Where do they work?
7. Do you live with your parents?
8. Do you live in a new or an old house?
2. Заполните пропуски предлогами и наречиями, где это необходимо.
Olga Orlova is a woman … 32. She graduated … the Institute … Foreign Languages eight years ago. She is a lecturer now. She usually goes … the University … eight o’clock … the morning. She teaches English … the University. Her daughter Ann is a girl … ten. She goes … school every day. She spends four hours … school every day. Mary’s son is a boy … four. Her husband takes the boy … a nursery school every morning. Mary’s parents do not live … her. They live … the country, a long way … Moscow. … summer Mary takes her children … the country and they stay … their grandfather and grandmother.
3. Поставьте предложения в Past и Future Indefinite, употребляя соответствующие наречия времени: last year, a year ago, next year, in … year.
Образец: I am – I was – I shall be
I study – I studied – I shall study
Do you study? – Did you study? – Will you study?
1. I am a mechanic.
2. My wife (husband) studies at the Polytechnic University.
3. My father works as a bricklayer.
4. I am in the Army.
5. There are four rooms in our flat.
6. My sister teaches physics at school.
7. Do you work? Where do you work?
8. Does your sister clean the house?
4. Переведите вопросы на английский язык.
1. Ваша семья большая или маленькая?
2. Вы живёте с родителями или отдельно?
3. Есть ли у вас дети?
4. Вы женаты (замужем)?
5. У вас есть близкие родственники?
6. У вас есть двоюродные сёстры или братья?
7. Как зовут вашу двоюродную сестру?
8. Сколько ей лет?
9. Чем она занимается?
Прочитайте и устно переведите текст на русский язык.
My Working Day
As you already know, in the daytime Alex Sviridov