Предмет Английский язык
Тема: Контрольная №2 Вариант 2 КузГТУ
I. Запишите предложения. Выпишите из них сказуемые, определите их видо-временные формы и залог. Переведите, обращая особое внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
1. Last month the workers fulfilled the plan ahead of schedule.
2. The delegation of German miners will come to our region to share experience with our workers.
3. This unique apparatus has been invented by one of our engineers.
4. The discovery of protons in 1911 was followed by the attempts of different scientists to explain the atom´s structure.
II. Запишите предложения. Выпишите из них причастия, укажите их вид (Participle I или Participle II) определите их самостоятельную функцию (определение или обстоятельство). Переведите.
1. The students studying at Kuzbass Technical University are to have practical training at mines, construction sites, chemical plants and other enterprises.
2. When asked about the plan the chief engineer said that it had been fulfilled in time.
3. Working at the device in the laboratory, the engineers were regularly testing it at the plant.
4. Ultrasonic techniques used in industry opens wide possibilities for the automatic control.
III. Запишите предложения и подчеркните в них модальный глагол или его эквивалент. Переведите.
1. The mechanical shop of our plant was to be reconstructed.
2. He is a skilful worker who can operate practically any type of machine-tools.
3. Everyone working at the plant should know safety rules.
4. In view of reconstruction works old equipment will have to be replaced within a month.
IV. Запишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на разные значения слова it.
1. It is the country´s natural wealth that determines the structure of its national economy.
2. It was proved that wastes from industrial enterprises have a dangerous effect on the environment.
3. When the temperature had been measured it was written down in the table.
V. Прочитайте весь текст и постарайтесь понять его содержание. Перепишите и письменно переведите абзацы 2, 3 и 4.
JAMES CLERK MAXWELL
1. James Clerk Maxwell (1831-1879), a great physicist and mathematician, was born in Edinburg, Scotland. After school he entered the University of that city. Then he attended the University of Cambridge and graduated from it in 1854. When at the University Maxwell took great interest in mathematics and optics.
2. For two years after the University Maxwell worked at Trinity College combining lecturing and making experiments in optics. At the same time he studied much himself. He became a professor of natural philosophy (1856) and in some ten years a professor of physics and astronomy. When working at the King´s College (London) he met Faraday for the first time.
3. In 1871 Maxwell became professor of experimental physics at Cambridge. At that time students could not have such subjects as electricity or magnetism as there was no laboratory for studying them. Such a laboratory organized by Maxwell made Cambridge world-known.
4. This was a very fruitful period of Maxwell´s life. He was engaged in studying the problems of electromagnetism, molecular physics, optics, mechanics and others. The most outstanding investigations, however, were made in the field of the kinetic theory of gases and electricity. Maxwell is called the founder of the electromagnetic field (together with Faraday) and the electromagnetic theory of light. His famous work on electricity and magnetism was published in 1873. During these years he also wrote his classic "Matter and Motion", a small book on a great subject, and many articles on other problems.
5. Maxwell wrote his first scientific work when he was fifteen. Since that time he published a great number of works based on the results of his experiments and calculations. Maxwell´s works on the kinetic theory of gases, the