Контрольная работа №5 по английскому
Содержимое: 50507154602557.docx (33,65 Кбайт)
КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА №5
Выберите соответствующую глагольную форму
a. 1. Ann and Pat have gone/have been going shopping. 2. The sun had already been rising/had already risen by four in the morning. 3. Alfred has been/has been being in the Military Service for five years. 4. Mr Black had kept/had been keeping a shop before he came here. 5. The play "Pygmalion" has been being/has been very popular with the public for many years. 6. They had worked/had been working hard for one year at English before they could speak it properly.
b. 1. We skied/have skied this morning. 2. His son has been serving/served in the Army since last year. 3. George had been staying/stayed ill his friends´ for a week before he left. 4. The Secretary has already introduced/introduced Mr Brown to the Manager when we came. 5. It has been snowing/snowed since morning. 6. The children had been playing/played outdoors for two hours before they went to school.
c. 1. They went/have gone to the seaside by car last summer. 2. John missed/have missed his class yesterday. 3. Mary kept/has been keeping her promise to come in time for lunch. 4. My brother went/has gone in for sports seriously when he was young. 5. They got up/have got up very early this morning.
Задание 3. Раскройте скобки, используя нужную форму страдательного залога
1. The letters (to bring) by the office manager and (to put) on the C.E.O.’s table.
2. This work (to carry out) at the moment by out sales manager who will stay in the office till 11 p.m.!
3. The contracts (to sign) by 2 p.m. tomorrow.
4. The interview (to finish) before I came to have a look at a new employee of our company.
5. Mr. Smith, the top-manager of my department (to invite) yesterday to attend the official dinner at the C.E.O’s.
6. The discussion of this deal (to interrupt) suddenly by the arrival of our partners last Wednesday.
7. I promise my colleagues that all the papers (to sign) next month.
8. Such documents (to receive) by our department every week!
Определите, какая конструкция используется в данных предложениях (Complex Object and Complex Subject), переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. How kind of you to let me come. 2. "Sit down," he said. "Sit down and wait for me to die." 3. There were also American visitors fascinated by seeing the titled English really getting down to their traditional after¬noon tea. 4. Nothing seems to have changed. 5. They want modern decor, American food, all the things that will make them feel at home. 6. But there are a lot of people who expect this country not to be the same as I their own. 7. It seemed simpler to call here than to ask him to visit me. 8. Now perhaps you´d be so kind as to allow me to ask you a few questions? 9. As the Minister seemed to be suffering from pains connected with the spinal column, I pointed to the examination couch and told him to take his clothes off. 10. However, lying on your couch seems to have relieved the discomfort.
Прочитайте и переведите текст; перепишите и письменно переведите текст:
Advertising and the Modern World
The modern world depends off advertising. Without it, producers and distributors would be unable to sell, buyers would not know about products or services, and the modern industrial world would collapse. If factory output is to be maintained profitably, advertising must be powerful and continuous. Mass production requires mass consumption which in turn requires advertising to the mass market through the mass media.
Advertising is not easily defined, though many people have tried. Narrowly, it means a paid form of non-personal communication that is transmitted through mass media such as television, radio, newspapers, magazines, direct mail, public transport vehicles, outdoor displays and now also the Internet, which aims to persuade, inform, or sell. It flourishes mainly in free-market, profit-oriented countries. It is one of the most important factors in accelerating the distribution of products and helping, to raise the standard of living. Advertising cannot turn a poor product or service into a good one. But what it can do – and does — is to create awareness about old and new products and services. So three main objectives of advertising are: (1) to produce knowledge about the product or service; (2) to create preference for it; and (3) to stimulate thought and action about it.
Advertising belongs to the modern industrial world. In the past when a shopkeeper had only to show and tell about his goods to passers-by, advertising as we know it today hardly existed. Early forms of advertising were signs such as the inn sign or the apothecary´s jar of colored liquid, some of which have survived until today.
Evidence of advertising can be found in cultures that existed thousands of years ago, but advertising only became a major industry in the 20th century. Today the industry employs hundreds of thousands of people and influences the behavior and buying habits of billions of people. Advertising spending worldwide now exceeds $350 billion per year. In the United States about 6000 advertising agencies help create and place advertisements in a variety of media, including newspapers, television, direct mail, radio, magazines, the Internet and outdoor signs. Advertising is so commonplace in the United States that an average person may encounter from 500 to 1000 advertisements in a single day, according to some estimates. Advertising permeates everyone´s daily life.
Advertising has become increasingly international. More than ever before, corporations are looking beyond their own country’s borders for new customers. Faster modes of shipping, the growth of multinational corporations, rising personal income levels worldwide, and falling trade barriers have all encouraged commerce between countries. Because corporations are opening new markets and selling their products in many regions of the globe, they are also advertising their products in those regions.
Ответьте на вопросы по тексту
1. What is advertising? Give the definition of advertising.
2. What are three main objectives?
3. Why has advertising become international?
Заполните пропуски, подходящими по смыслу выражениями
(2)….: Patricia Marchand, General Manager
(4): Visit of German agent
Please, note that Katya Shmidt, our German agent will be visiting the company on Friday, 26 April.
There will be a meeting on that day, at 11.30 a.m. in the boardroom, which you should all attend.
Ms Shmidt will be presenting her marketing plan for expanding sales in the German market.
If you wish to join us for lunch at a local restaurant, please let me know as soon as possible
18 April, all department heads, Subject, from
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.