КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 2
1. Перепишите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из
них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму. Переве-
дите предложения на русский язык.
1. Universities and colleges provide a wide range of courses.
2. The students have listened to the lectures and have taken notes.
3. The new system of higher education will permit the students to get
whatever qualification they need.
2. Перепишите и переведите следующие предложения на русский
язык. Обратите внимание на перевод пассивных конструкций.
1. In a tutorial the student is accompanied by only a handful of students.
2. Advanced courses will be taken by those students who want to get higher-
3. Scholarship has been given for good students.
3. Перепишите и переведите следующие предложения на русский
язык. Подчеркните в каждом из них модальный глагол.
1. Study in courses can be full-time and part-time.
2. Part-time education can be taken during the day or in the evening.
3. In a seminar the student has to raise problems and discuss them.
4. Перепишите и переведите письменно следующий текст.
There are 46 universities, 30 polytechnics and numerous colleges for more
specialized needs, such as colleges of technology, technical colleges, colleges
of arts and agricultural colleges in England and Wales.
They all provide a wide range of courses from lower- level technical and
commercial courses through specialized courses of various kinds of advanced
courses for those who want to get higher-level posts in commerce, industry and
administration, or take up one of a variety of professions.
Courses are a combination of lectures, seminars, tutorials and laboratory
work. In a lecture the student is one of a large number of students. He listens to
the lectures, takes notes and asks no questions. In a seminar he raises
problems and discusses them with his fellow students under the direction of one
of the teachers. In a tutorial he is accompanied by only a handful of students
and discusses his personal academic problems with a teacher.
Study in courses may be full-time and part-time. Full-time education includes
sandwich courses in which periods of full-time study (for example, six months)
alternate with full-time practical work and training in industry. Full-time and
sandwich courses now are an important part of higher education in England and
Wales. Part-time education may be taken during the day (for example, one day
a week or full-time for short periods) or in the evening only. Particular feature of
the higher education is its strong links with commerce and industry.
The system of higher education permits students to get whatever
qualification they need.
Пояснения к тексту:
tutorial – консультация
academic – учебный
sandwich course – курс, где чередуются теория и практика
particular feature – отличительная черта
strong links – прочные связи