Контрольная по английскому №1. Вариант 1. ДЕЛОВОЙ
Содержимое: 40729163655180.zip (17,9 Кбайт)
1.1. Read the text and translate it into Russian.
Joint Stock Companies
Public joint stock companies are similar in concept to Western publicly traded companies. Shareholders are responsible for the obligations of the company within the limits of their investment. Despite the similarities to Western companies, however, investors should bear in mind that the standard charters of public stock companies may provide limited control over the contributions of minority shareholders.
The main features of public joint stock companies are the following:
• While public joint stock companies are governed by their charters, they are also subject to legislation. A standard charter has been issued to guide enterprises in designing their own charter.
• Shareholders have limited liability.
• Shareholders govern the company through shareholders’ meetings, which are held at least once a year. Among other activities at the shareholders’ meetings, shareholders elect the board of directors to act on their behalf between meetings.
The board of directors, which is headed by the general director, appoints the board of management to carry out day-to-day management of the company.
Private Joint Stock Companies
The following are the main differences between the public and the private tock companies:
• Private joint stock companies establish their own charter, allowing participants to ensure that their interests in the company are better protected;
• Shares in private joint stock companies are tradable only with the consent of other owners and in accordance with relevant articles of the charter.
1.2. Answer the following questions to the text in written form.
1. What is the major document of a joint stock company?
2. What is the governing body of a joint stock company?
3. Is there much difference between public and private joint stock companies?
4. Are shares of both types of companies equally tradable in the market?
5. What are the shareholders of a joint stock company?
1.3. Read the dialogue and translate it into Russian. (Mobiflex receptionist – R, Mr. Hawk – H).
R – Mobiflex, good morning.
H – Good morning, could I speak to Mr. Shaw, please?
R – I am afraid Mr. Shaw is out at the moment.
H – When will he be back?
R – Late afternoon I guess, but you can speak to Mr. Ritch, his deputy. He is in the office.
H – Thanks, you see, the document is signed by Mr. Shaw so I need to talk to him. Can you give me his mobile phone number?
R – I am sorry, I am not authorized to, but you can leave a message anyway.
H – No, thanks. I’ve got to talk to Mr. Shaw in person. Just let him know it is Mr. Hawk from C&C ltd. And I will try again this afternoon.
R – I’ll tell him the moment he shows up. Thank you for calling. Good bye.
H – Good bye.
1.4 Choose the words that best correspond to each space. Translate the sentences into Russian.
1. It is easier to remember information later if you make _________ during a phone call.
2. When you _________ information over the phone make sure you understand it and _________ it down accurately. This is particularly _________ when noting down names, addresses, _________ dates and prices.
3. If you don’t understand what the other person has said ask him to _________ it again more _________.
4. If you don’t know _________ a name ask the other _________ it out for you.
5. At the end of the _________ read your _________ back to the other person _________ you’ve got all the information right.
repeat, make sure, notes (2), business, slowly, talk, receive, put, write, spell, important.
1.5 Make a dialogue of a return call from Mr. Shaw to Mr. Hawk. Use exercise 1.3. as the base.
1.6 Read and translate the following business letter into Russian. Pay attention to the form and style of this type of correspondence.
Neva Link 23d May 20..
27 Bolshoy pr.
Thank you for your enquiry from the 12th May 20.. in which you inform us that you are interested in purchasing the model SR 112 computers from us. We enclose with the letter all particulars concerning technical characteristics of the model.
Our company enjoys first class reputation in the market and our products are exported to many countries of the world. We have had to develop special features in our computers to satisfy ever growing market demands. We are happy to inform you that we can meet your quantity requirements and offer you three hundred computers at the price of ₤ 399 per unit. The price includes packing. We are sure that at this price our products are the best in the market. We can promise delivery in two month provided we receive your order within ten days. We hope the above information will be helpful. However, if further information is required please do not hesitate to contact us. We hope you will accept our offer and look forward to establishing mutually beneficial relations with you.
Enclosure: Yours faithfully,
technical Parks & Co Ltd
of the model
1.7 Choose the word to fill the gap.
1. Neither the customer nor the salesperson wants to feel _________ over a deal.
(a) checked; (b) changed; (c) cheated; (d) charged
2. The service engineer was _________ to guarantee the work for six moths.
(a) granted; (b) conceded; (c) accepted; (d) prepared
3. It was agreed that the full cost would be refunded if the goods were returned in perfect _________.
(a) condition; (b) state; (c) situation; (d) shape
4. We are willing to supply the goods _________ a discount of 5%.
(a) in; (b) after; (c) at; (d) over
5. Before negotiating a deal make sure you know the strengths and weaknesses of _________ products.
(a) competing; (b) conflicting; (c) commanding; (d) connecting
6. Once they had agreed terms the deal was pushed _________ very quickly.
(a) over; (b) through; (с) in; (d) by
7. The goods will be delivered by Wednesday at the _________.
(a) last; (b) longest; (c) least; (d) latest
8. The most effective sales technique is one which tells the customer how the product will _________ him or her.
(a) better; (b) improve; (c) profit; (d) benefit
1.8 Make an offer from Neva Link to Parks & C0Ltd. Base it on contents of 1.6
|1 мес||3 мес||12 мес|
В целях исключения необоснованных и заведомо ложных сообщений о фактах нарушения указанных прав, администрация будет отказывать в предоставлении услуг на торговой площадке Plati, только после получения от Вас письменных заявлений о нарушении с приложением копий документов, подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности, по адресу: 123007, г. Москва, Малый Калужский пер. д.4, стр.3, Адвокатский кабинет «АКАР №380».
В целях оперативного реагирования на нарушения Ваших прав и необходимости блокировки действий недобросовестных продавцов, Plati просит Вас направить заверенную телеграмму, которая будет являться основанием для блокировки действий продавца, указанная телеграмма должна содержать указание: вида нарушенных прав, подтверждения ваших прав и ваши контактные данные (организиционно-правовую форму лица, Ф.И.О.). Блокировка будет снята по истечение 15 дней, в случае непредставления Вами в Адвокатский кабинет письменных документов подтверждающих ваши авторские права или права собственности.