Задание 1. Прочитайте и переведите текст, ответьте на вопросы.
Meet the Confords
The Cornfords live in Ruggy at 28 Coronation Street. John Cornford is a rich businessman of about fifty. He’s tall and dark. He wears dark suits but at weekends he wears casual clothes. He usually gets up at six, does some exercises and goes to the office. He never gets back before ten o’clock at night, so he doesn’t see much of his family. He is interested in collecting pictures of horses. At the moment he is traveling on business in America because he’s opening an office over there next year.
Sarah, Mr. Cornford’s wife, is forty-five. She is an attractive woman with blond hair and soft blue eyes. She is kind and gentle, very practical and full of common sense; Sarah is a house-wife. She looks after the house and the family.
The Cornfords have two children – a son and a daughter. Their son’s name is Steve. He is 22. He is a clever young man. He works at a design office. He is a very outdoor person – he is a keen sailor and a member of the local yacht club. When he has a chance Steve and his friends get down to the coast for the weekend, camping there and sailing in the competitions.
Steve has a number of close friends and a beautiful girl-friend, Pauline, by name. Pauline studies at a teacher’s training college. Steve and Pauline often go out for the evening to the cinema or else they go skating at the Rugby skating rink. Pauline is a very good skater and she is trying to teach Steve how to skate well.
Steve’s sister, Alice, is a lovely, quiet, serious girl. She goes to grammar school.
Sarah’s mother, Grandma, as the children call her, also lives with them. She is in her late sixties.
Вопросы к тексту
1. Is the Cornford family large?
2. How many are they.
3. Where do they live?
4. When does Mr. Cornford get up?
5. Where does the Cornfords’ son work?
6. Are Steve and Pauline friendly and sociable?
Задание 2. Раскройте скобки, напишите количественные местоимения much, many. Переведите предложения.
1. I (to be) in London now. There (to be) много buildings there.
2. He (to be) at home in the evening. Usually there (to be) много друзей in the sitting room.
3. There (to be) много books and newspapers there.
4. I (to be) in this city for this time. There (to be) много snow to my surprise.
5. We (to be) in the students canteen. There (to be) много людей здесь.
Задание 3. Раскройте скобки, поставьте сказуемое в форме Present Simple.
1. He (to know) much about this town.
2. We (to live) in the Far East.
3. You (to read) foreign press
4. She (to get up) early.
5. They (to go) to the University in the afternoon.
Задание 4. Напишите отрицательные предложения.
1. I help my parents.
2. She likes her work.
3. They study at the medical academy.
4. In the evening we attend the English courses.
5. My uncle speaks French.
Задание 5. Раскройте скобки, поставьте сказуемое в Present Simple или Present Continuous. Переведите предложения.
1. I (to write) an English exercise now.
2. My sister (to sleep) now.
3. His father (to watch) TV at the moment.
4. I (to drink) strong coffee every day.
5. He (to work) in the garden on weekend.
Задание 6. Раскройте скобки и поставьте сказуемое Past Simple. Переведите.
1. On Monday we (to have) 5 lessons.
2. The first lesson (to be) Russian.
3. At that lesson we (to write) a dictation.
4. Nick (to go) to the blackboard.
5. He (to answer) well and (to get) five.
6. After the second lesson I (to go) to the canteen.
7. I (to eat) sandwiches and (to drink) a cup of tea.
8. I not (to go) home at once.
9. I (to go) to the library.
10. I (to decide) to take a journal.
11. I (to spend) there 2 hours.
12. In the evening I (to be) at home.
Задание 7. Раскройте скобки и поставьте сказуемое в Past Simple или Past Continuous. Переведите.
1. I (to go) to the cinema yesterday.
2. I (to go) to the cinema when I met him.
3. I (to do) my homework in the evening.
4. I (to do) my homework when my mot