Задание 1. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая
внимание на употребление модальных глаголов. Подчеркните
модальные глаголы в английских предложениях и в переводе.
1. If you are travelling by air, you must not carry anything in your luggage that
can be used as a weapon.
2. The driver of the vehicle may be fined by the police officer if he/she violets
the traffic rules.
3. They will not be able to start the engine at -30C.
4. We have to change our plans.
5. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today.
Задание 2. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая
внимание на употребление времён группы Continuous (Present, Past,
Future) и группы Perfect (Present, Past, Future) в действительном и
страдательном залогах. Выпишите сказуемые и укажите их
1. According to schedule this train was due to arrive at 12.30, but because of
track repair work, it is being delayed.
2. The passengers were invited to get on the train and now they are saying good
bye to those who had come to see them off.
3. China is planning to construct several thousand kilometers of track for the
transportation of passengers and trains.
Задание 3. Перепишите и переведите предложения, поставив глагол в
1. The new three wagon Tank Train (to test –Present Perfect Passive) in severe
winter conditions on the Alaska Railroad.
2. The construction of both the bridge and the dam (to complete – Future Perfect
Passive) by the beginning of the navigation season.
3. At present 2,500 km of high speed lines (to construct – Present Continuous
Passive) in Europe and Asia.
Задание 4. Перепишите и переведите предложения, выбрав
правильную форму сказуемого (Active or Passive).
PDF created with pdfFactory Pro trial version http://www.pdffactory.com
1. Air-conditioning system always (maintains; is maintained) the optimum
temperature and humidity in the carriage.
2. A new high-speed railway line (is building; is being built) in the North of
3. The flood (has caused, has been caused) considerable damage to the railway
Задание 5. Перепишите и переведите текст.
The Far Eastern State Transport University.
During its long history our University has made its way from a small
educational institution to the major educational and scientific center. At present it
is one of the best technical universities in the Russian Federation.
FESTU was originally established as the Khabarovsk Institute of Railway
Engineers (KhabIIZhT) on September 8th, 1937. It was the first technical college in
the Soviet Far East aimed at training of qualified personnel for the railroads of the
East Siberian and Far Eastern regions of Russia.
September 1st 1939 – Khabarovsk Institute of Railway Engineers accepted first
intake of students.
1993 – KhabIIZhT was reorganized in Far Eastern State Transport Academy
1997 – FESTA was promoted a rank of university and renamed into Far
Eastern State Transport University (FESTU).
The University consists of nine institutes and five faculties in Khabarovsk, and
has branch offices in Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Tynda, Svobodny, Ussuriysk and
It is very prestigious to study at our University. Our graduates work in such
spheres as engineering, economy, transport etc.
Over 23,000 students are studying at FESTU today. The University provides
comfortable environment for research work and studying. FESTU introduces new
information technologies in teaching students and training engineering personnel,
such as: distance learning, electronic textbooks, multimedia educational systems,
video and audio conferencing and the possibility to deliver on-line lectures and
consultations with students.
The University has a license of training specialists of the following levels of
higher education: bachelors, masters and certified specialists.