1. Напишите форму множественного числа существительных.
Potatos, gooses, wifes, cherrys, news, roofts, monkeys, oiles, trousers, mouses, knifes, boxes, forkes, mans, flyes, coats, jams, tooths, heroes, chiefs, trees, tomatos, wolfes, fishes, scissorses, advices, persons, scarfes, waters, childes, pianos.
2. Выберите одно из предложенных притяжательных предложений, соответствующее каждому второму предложению. (my, your, his, her, its, our, their).
1. We have a big garden our garden is young.
2. The book is new its contents is rather interesting.
3. She is a nice girl. What’s her name?
4. I’m Kathy Brown my family is large.
5. He has a lot of friends his friends are also students.
6. The Smirnovs have a car their car is expensive.
7. You are doing well your marks are always good.
8. We have a cat its character is kind.
3. Поставьте слова в правильном порядке.
1. has got, a lot of money, Steve, from his parents.
2. showed, her room, she, to me.
3. often, letters, send, to me, they.
4. Jane, to me, is going, to write.
5. My friends, me, often, books, to read, give.
4. Переведите текст и ответьте на вопросы к нему.
Modern life is impossible without travelling. Thousands of people travel every day either on business or for pleasure. They can travel by air, by rail, by sea or by road. Of course, travelling by air is the fastest and the most convenient way, but it is the most expensive too. Travelling by train is slower than by plane, but it has its advantages. You can see much more interesting places of the country you are travelling through. Modern trains have very comfortable seats. There are also sleeping cars and dining cars which make even the longest journey enjoyable. Speed, comfort and safety are the main advantages of trains and planes. That is why many people prefer them to all other means. Travelling by sea is very popular. Large ships and small river boats can visit foreign countries and different places of interest within their own country. The Black Sea is one of the most wonderful places which attract holiday-makers all over the world. There are many rest-homes, sanatoriums and tourist camps there. But it is also possible to rent a room or a furnished house for a couple of weeks there
1. Why do people travel every day?
2. What do people travel by?
3. What is the most expensive means of transport?
4. What are the main advantages of trains and planes?
5. What can you see on the Black Sea?
6. What is your favourite kind of travelling?
5. Поставьте глагол to be во времени Present Simple.
1.What ... your name? - My name ... Shirley Frank.
2. What ... your address? - My address ... 175 Grand Central Parkway.
3. What ... your phone number? - My phone number ... 718-1930.
4. Where ... you from? - I ... from New York.
5. I ... a pupil.
6. My father ... not a teacher, he ... a scientist.
7. ... your aunt a doctor? - Yes, she ... .
8. ... they at home? - No, they ... not at home, they ... at work.
9. My brother ... a worker. He ... at work.
10. ... you an engineer? - Yes, I ... .
6. Задайте вопросы к предложениям.
1. Sally feels tired / Why…?/
2. They want to buy some presents for their friends /Where…?/
3. My father wants to catch the 6 o’clock train / Why….?/
4. Edward prefers to have lunch in the café. / Why…?/
5. Every evening Peter walks his dog /Where…?/
6. As a rule I get up early every morning / Why…?/