Напишите начальную форму слов с учетом орфографических изменений:
1) tried; 2) judged; 3) refused; 4) promised; 5) formulated; 6) died; 7) buried; 8) discoveries; 9) raging; 10) using.
Переведите выражение или цепочкой определений, выраженных существительным.
ОБРАЗЕЦ: attraction force = the force of attraction (сила Притяжения)
1. Spectroscopy science
2. The distance square
3. Manuscript form
4. Light and colours theory
Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения, обращая внимание на грамматические функции и значения слов one, it, that.
1. So it happened that Pasteur became interested in the problem of the wine industry, a very important industry in France in the 19th century.
2. Inventors worked hard to build an engine. James Watt tried to make one, but failed.
3. It is the internal combustion engine that was built by Samuel Brown in England in 1823.
Перепишите и письменно переведшие неопределенно личные и безличные предложения.
1. It is often said that the greatest discovery of Humphrey Davy was Michael Faraday.
2. One should know that the electric cell is a device for converting chemical energy into electrical one.
3. By using television engineering it will be possible to produce a weather picture at any definite moment and on a world-wide scale.
Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения с модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами. В каждом предложении подчеркните глагол, выражающий долженствование.
1. This investigation is evidently a matter of some importance and must be considered thoroughly.
2. For a country to be independent it is essential that the economic system should be largely in native hands.
3. You should consider all the details of the situation.
4. The installation is broken but you have to do the work in the least possible time.
Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения с модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами. В каждом предложении подчеркните глагол, выражающий возможность совершения действия.
1. Scientists have not learned yet how to convert completely mass into energy, but a partial conversion can be made.
2. He said I might use his apparatus any day I liked.
3. The purity of an organic compound may be judged by the determination of various physical constants.
4. Could much have been done in a modern research laboratory without electricity?
Прочтите текст и переведите устно 1-й, 2-й абзацы, письменно - 3-й, 4-й, 5-й абзацы.
ISAAC NEWTON (1642 - 1727)
1. Isaac Newton was born in 1642, when a civil war was starting in England. In his youth he was known as a «silent, thinking boy», who played little with other boys. At the age of 18 he entered Cambridge University, where he displayed remarkable ability in science. At 26 Newton became a professor at the University and set out to pursue his three main interests: mathematics, celestial mechanics and physical optics.
2. His first major discoveries were in mathematics and concerned series and binomials. Soon afterwards he formulated his theory of colour and invented the reflecting telescope. In 1672 Newton was elected a fellow of the Royal Society.
3. Newton´s first scientific publication dealt with his theory of light and colours. In this publication he founded the science of spectroscopy. At first his discoveries aroused strong objections. Among those who refused to accept them were Christian Huygens, the Dutch mathematician astronomer and physicist, and Robert Hooke.
4. In 1684 the astronomer Edmund Halley paid a visit to Newton. Halley had a problem concerning the gravitational attraction, between the Sun and the planets. Halley and Hooke had a theory that this force of attraction must be inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the planet and the Sun. But they were unable to prove their theory.