Socks Connector - program that allows you to install any tcp connection via socks proxy. The program serves as a port mapper for tcp, but establishes connections not directly, but through socks - proxy. Ideal for working with WebMoney.
As a rule, the majority of common programs - clients to read mail, news, telnet program, and many others do not let you connect to the server via Socks. Also common configuration LANs connected to the Internet via a proxy server with the real IP address, and the rest of the workstations used addresses for local networks. Naturally, with such a configuration, a direct connection, such as a mail server, you can not. (Fig. 1)
So you should use to consider the program if:
- On your workstation has internet, but you can not directly connect to the desired server.
- Proxy server in your network support Socks protocol.
- Connect still needed ...
- On your computer, you are running WWW, you have a mailbox from the office, working ICQ.
- Would you like to read incoming mail to you on your favorite mail.ru Mailer (eg TheBat). But, unfortunately, to connect to the mail server via POP3 can not do it. Also not working WebMoney.
These problems can be solved if you use Socks Connector.
- Maintains statistics on the number of received / transmitted bytes.
- Shows the current data rate.