1. Перепишите данные предложения, определите видовременные формы глаголов. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. You will have unlimited liability if you start a partnership.
2. If your company fails, you will only lose the value of your shares.
3. Many of the world′s diamonds are minded in South Africa and then they are sent to Amsterdam, where they are sold to international dealers.
4. President Clinton was elected in 1992.
5. I rang her yesterday, but she wasn′t in the office.
6. All the necessary documents will be sent to you next week.
2. Перепишите следующие предложения. Выберите нужную форму глагола (Present, Past, Future Simple или Present, Past, Future Continuous). Письменно переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. The stock market can be risky because the price of shares varies/is varying according to economic conditions.
2. Because of the high cost of sterling, exports don′t do/are not doing very well.
3. While we discussed/were discussing our expansion plans, the chairman suddenly announced his resignation.
4. I doubt very much whether they will give/will be giving you a pay rise.
5. Paul did/was doing some filing when his boss asked him to fetch an invoice.
6. I′m afraid I can′t see you on 22nd because I will attend/will be attending a training course in England.
3. Перепишите следующие предложения. Выберите нужную форму глагола (Present, Past, Future Simple или Present, Past, Future Perfect). Письменно переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. I didn′t have/haven′t had a holiday for two years.
2. They produced/have produced
2000 cars this year.
3. When I arrived at the office, the meeting started/had started.
4. I was nervous because I never gave/had never given a presentation.
5. The talks will finish/will have finished by 11. 15.
6. I will pay/have paid off the loan by the end of the year.
4. Перепишите и письменно переведите следующие предложения; подчеркните в каждом из них модальные глаголы и их эквиваленты:
1. If you go into business alone, you can start or stop your business whenever you like.
2. If your business fails, you have to declare personal bankruptcy.
3. I′d like to be able to help you, but I do not have the authority.
4. After a few month on the training course, I could speak Japanese quite well.
5. You must save the file before you turn the computer off, or you will lose it.
6. I′m sorry, but we aren′t allowed to give you your bank balance by phone.
7. In the next few months, the price of oil may rise.
5. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст:
People and societies organize economic life to deal with the basic problems raised by scarcity and opportunity costs through economic systems. An economic system works via the interaction of three invisible forces: the invisible hand (economic forces), invisible foot (political forces) and invisible handshake (social forces)
An economic system can be described as the collection of institutions, laws, activities, controlling values, and human motivations that collectively provide a framework for economic decision-making. An economic system is closely tied to a political system through which people decide what their society desires. In a democracy, voting procedures determine society′s will. In an autocracy, a ruling individual or group of individuals decides what society′s desires are.
Before we discuss how the invisible forces operate, we need to find out what people can reasonably expect from an economic system.
There are three basic economic questions that every nation must consider. They are (1) What goods and services shall be produced? (2) How shall they be produced? and (3) For whom shall they be produced? Let us briefly examine each of these questions.
Within every nation, people must have some method of deciding what combination of goods and services they should produce with their limited resources.