1. Перепишите предложения. По грамматическим признакам определите, какой частью речи является слово, заканчивающееся на -s, и какую функцию выполняет -s в предложении, т. е. служит ли - s признаком: a) 3 л. ед. ч. в Present Indefinite, б) мн. ч. имени существительного, в) притяжательного падежа имени существительного. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. The plays by A.Chekhov are very popular with English readers.
2. He usually plays tennis twice a week.
3. Who is your friend′s favourite singer?
4. The dinner break lasts 20 minutes.
5. He always books tickets in advance.
6. My neighbours′ cottage is comfortable, but very expensive.
2. Перепишите следующие предложения, содержащие разные степени сравнения, и переведите на русский язык:
1. I spent more time on the project than I had expected.
2. We didn′t make as much money on the deal as we had hoped.
3. Could you speak a little more slowly, please?
4. I arrived in London later than I had planned.
5. The company did slightly worse than last year.
6. All our manufacturing plans are efficient, but at the moment the one in northern France is operating most efficiently.
3. Перепишите и письменно переведите предложения, обращая особое внимание на перевод неопределённых местоимений и наречий:
1. Someone has used my files, and now I can′t find anything anywhere.
2. Have you got any information about marketing policy?
3. This is not confidential, you can discuss it with anyone you like.
4. Something is wrong with my pen. It doesn′t write.
5. Nothing can change my decision.
6. I′ve got to find that letter! It must be somewhere here.
4. Прочитайте предложения, перепишите их, вставляя в пропуски определённый или неопределённый артикль там, где необходимо:
1. I like to go abroad three times ___ year.
2. Have you met my brother? He is ___ engineer too.
3. I am not motivated by ___ money.
4. When are you going to pay back ___ money I lent you?
5. This book will give you ___ information you need.
6. ___ mistakes you have made cost us a great deal of money.
7. Don′t worry! Everybody makes ___ mistakes.
5. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст:
Economists study the ways in which individuals and society choose to use limited resources, such as natural resources, labor, factories, and machines, in an effort to satisfy unlimited wants. They are concerned with the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services and are interested in helping society get as much satisfaction as possible from its limited resources. Economists collect, process, and analyze data to determine the costs and benefits of using resources in various ways.
Economists are employed in a number of different job settings. About half of them are academic economists, who engage in teaching, writing and doing research in colleges, and Universities. They also write text books and journal articles, develop and test new theoretical models, provide consulting services to governments and businesses, and engage in variety of other professional activities.
The other half of all economists work for government or business.
Government economists collect and analyze information about economic conditions in the nation and possible changes in government economic policies. Much of this information is published in government bulletins and reports. Often the government economist wears a second hat′ as a policy analyst. Economists forecast tax revenues and interest rates, analyze, who gains and who loses from particular changes, monitor prices, compute total output and perform other useful tasks in the public
Business economists work for banks, insurance companies, investment companies,Business economists work for banks, insurance companies, investment companies, manufacturing firms, economic research firms, and management consulting firms.
Some economists operate their own economic businesses. They are called entrep