I. Metallic, ex-minister, foresee, rewrite, unlucky, machinery, transmitter, likewise, disappear, seventeenth, something.
II. . .
1. Short trip winter drivings especially in the hours of darkness add an
excessive load on the battery, & one morning it may be dead.
2. The centimetre is devided into ten equal parts called millimetres.
3. A Diesel engine is a machine which produces power by burning oil in
air which has been quickly compressed to a high pressure by a piston
moving in a closed cylinder.
1. The boy hid among the branches of a big tree.
2. Physics is an important branch of science.
3. There are three branches of state power: legislative, executive and
4. Such branches of industry as coal-mining, electronic engineering and
textile are highly developed in Great Britain.
5. Yesterday at 6 p.m. Mr. Wilson entered the Butcher Street branch of the
National Westminster Bank.
6. The road branches here.
1. r.p.m. 3. sec. 5. at.ut. 7.d.c.
2. NBC 4. AC 6.b.p. 8. h.p.
1. All moving parts of machines wear.
2. By the first of January he will be working at this plant for ten years.
3. According to the character of work perfomed the design into the
following types: bench lathes, chucking lathes & automatic lathes.
4. By the end of the year the production of cars at our plant will have been
1. Drill presses are buit in a variety of types, but the ordinary upright
drill press is to be found in nearly every machine shop.
2. The operator wanted to repair his lathe as soon as possible.
3. To be effective the roughing job must be accurate and must remove
as much excess stock as possible in on cut.
4. He was glad to have fulfilled his work ahead of time.
1. Working with machines, sharp tools, motors, electricity one must
always be careful.
2. The first voyage around the earth, begun at Seville by Magellan in
1510 and completed at Seville by del Cano in 1552, established that
the earth is a globe.
3. Having been used for a long time, the instruments partly lost their
4. The equipment used for this work is similar to that used in hot
1. Cooper was used in prehistoric times for making weapons & tools
and later was alloyed with tin to form bronze, which was the most
important metal of the Greek & Romans.
2. Many turret lathes have systems of stops or gauges for controlling the
travel of the turret carriage, and cross-slide.
3. We know of copper having been used as a conductor owing to its
4. Student like experimenting.
1. It is know that this device works well.
2. The question is whether he will finish his work in time.
3. The man whom you saw at our shop is a qualified turner.
4. Engines must be lubricated systematically, otherwise they may be