1. Выберите правильный вариант ответа
1. February is .......... month of a year.
a) short b) the shortest c) shortest d) the shorter
2. A flat is ....... than a house.
a) more expensive b) the most expensive c) expensiver d) expensivest
3. You should be ......... careful on the road!
a) less b) more c) few d) small
4. His report is .......... in your group.
a) the better b) the goodest c) the best d) the worse
5. Our group was ........... than theirs.
a) larger b) largeer c) the larger d) the largest
2. Образуйте множественное число существительных
A mouse, a box, a roof, a foot, a dress, a city, a month, a mountain, a knife, a country.
3. Вставьте в предложения слова somebody, anybody, nobody, everybody
1. The question is so difficult that … can answer it.
2. … left his bag in our classroom yesterday.
3. Has … in this group got a dictionary?
4. … knows that plants like water.
5. Is there … who knows English?
4. Закончите предложения, выбрав правильную форму глагола
1. We often … letters to our parents. (write, writes, will write )
2. You … him tomorrow. (saw, shall see, will see)
3. We … this last lesson. (translate, will translate, translated)
4. What … you … now? (did … do, do … do, are … doing)
5. My friend … already … the test. (will … finish, have … finished, has … finished)
5. Раскройте скобки, употребив нужную степень прилагательного
1. Moscow is (large) than Omsk.
2. Winter is (cold) season of the year.
3. Health is (good) than wealth.
4. The book of Harry Potter is (interesting) for me than the film.
5. This is (beautiful) picture I’ve ever seen.
6. Задайте вопросы к предложениям, начав их со слов, данных в скобках
1. I live in Omsk. (Where …)
2. I am writing a test now. (What …)
3. My mother has been to Moscow this year. (Has …)
4. I visited my friends on Sunday. (Did … or …)
5. We will have summer holidays soon. (We … , …?)
7. Прочитайте текст, переведите его на русский язык
Why should we learn English?
It is necessary to learn foreign languages. That’s why students have got such subject as a foreign language at school or college. I learn English, because I understand that I can use it. For example, if I go to England or to the USA, I’ll speak English. English is used not only in England, but also in other parts of the world.
I learn English because I want to read foreign literature in the original. I know and like such English and American writers as Charles Dickens, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll and others. I understand that I must learn English. If I know English well, I’ll be able to go to the library and take books by English and American writers in the original. I like to read books and newspapers too. Knowledge of foreign languages helps young people of different countries to understand each other, to develop friendship among them.