1. Найдите в правой колонке русские эквиваленты английских слов и словосочетаний:
1. sole proprietorship а. управление
2. partnership b. доля потерь
3. share of profit с. партнерство с ограниченной юридической
4. income tax d. партнерство
5. management e. недостатки
6. corporation f. налог на доходы
7. advantages g. льготы по налогообложению
8. tax advantages (benefits) h. доля прибыли
9. disadvantages i. единоличное владение
10. share of loss j. преимущества
11. life insurance k. корпорация
12. limited partnership l. страхование жизни
2. Переведите на русский язык встречающиеся в тексте интернациональные слова:
form, formal, business, organization, position, title, president, documentation, corporation, economical, product, partner, service, industry, personal, professional, manager, state, financial, resources, sum, registration, specialist.
3. Прочтите текст и выполните следующие за ним упражнения:
SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP, PARTNERSHIP, CORPORATION
1. There are three forms of organization of your business. These forms are the sole proprietorship, the partnership and the corporation. Which of these forms of organization you choose depends on such questions as the size of your business, whether you are the only owner of your business or you have partners.
2. Sole Proprietorship. A sole proprietorship is the simplest organizational form. There is one owner of the business, who usually takes the title of President. So he or she can make any decision without consulting anyone. Such kinds of business are in the service industries, such as repairing shops, restaurants, etc.
3. Partnership. A partnership means that there is more than one owner to carry out business. And each partner declares his or her share of profit or loss on the personal income tax return.
There is a special type of partnership, called a limited partnership, where the limited partner is not involved in the management of the firm.
4. This form of organization is useful in such professional fields as law, insurance, and some industries, for example, oil prospecting.
But partnership has some disadvantages. Partnership business fails when one of the partners loses his interest or disagrees with the other.
5. Corporation. A corporation is a more formal way of organization. It is established for the purpose of making profit and operated by managers. Corporation involves registration with a state department of commerce. There are some advantages, such as being able to attract financial resources, and to attract talented specialists and managers due to high salaries. In general, this form is economically better for business when its profit reaches a great sum of money.
4. Переведите на русский язык в письменной форме абзацы 2,3 и 5.
5. Найдите соответствующие ответы на вопросы и напишите их в той последовательности, в которой заданы вопросы:
1. What forms of business organization do you know?
2. What is a sole proprietorship?
3. What is a limited partnership?
4. What is a corporation?
5. What are the advantages of a corporation?
a. In this form of organization there is more than one owner, but the limited partner has no right to take part in the management of the firm.
b. It is a more formal way of organization, which is established to make profit and is operated by managers.
c. Sole proprietorship, partnership and corporation. d. The ability to attract financial resources and to attract talented
managers and specialists.
e. It is the simplest form of business organization. There is only one
owner of his or her business.