EX. 1. РАСКРОЙТЕ СКОБКИ, УПОТРЕБЛЯЯ ГЛАГОЛЫ В PRESENT INDEFINITE, PRESENT CONTINUOUS ИЛИ PRESENT PERFECT.
1. It is raining and Ann (not to take) her umbrella. 2. Hurry up! The lesson (to begin). 3. Peter, what Bob (to do) there? – He (to look) for his exercise-book, he (to lose) it somewhere. – Wow, it (to lie) here! 4. What he (to do)? – He (to write) his degree-work, he (not to finish) it yet. He (to collect) the necessary material for it, and now he (to work) in the library. 5. It’s Sunday morning. On Sundays we usually (to go) to the country. I already (to do) my bed and (to sweep) the floor. Now, I (to pack) my things and (to be) ready for the departure. 6. While mother (to pour) some coffee into our cups I (to prepare) some sandwiches. 7. I often (to meet) him on my way to the office. 8. They already (to place) the chairs round the dining table and now they (to wait) the guests. 9. You (to do) the shopping yet? 10. My watch always (to show) the correct time.
EX. 2. РАСКРОЙТЕ СКОБКИ, УПОТРЕБЛЯЯ ГЛАГОЛЫ В PAST INDEFINITE ИЛИ PAST PERFECT.
1. When I was 20, I (to go) to Moscow to study English. 2. The teacher was a stranger to me. I never (to see) her before. 3. The house was very quiet when I (to get) home. 4. We felt happier when the (to leave). 5. She gave him the book his teacher (to recommend). 6. They (to finish) the translation by 5 o’clock. 7. She got a message saying he (to pass) the exam. 8. Tom wasn’t at home when I (to arrive). He just (to go) home. 9. Margaret was late for work. Her friend (to be) surprised. She never (to be) late before. 10. There was nobody in the sitting-room when I (to get) home. Everybody (to go) to bed.
EX. 3. РАСКРОЙТЕ СКОБКИ, УПОТРЕБЛЯЯ ГЛАГОЛЫ В PAST INDEFINITE ИЛИ PRESENT PERFECT
1. He (to forget) his French since he (to leave) Paris. 2. Years ago he (to be) very poor and (not to know) how to live. 3. I (to lose) my key and cannot remember where I (to see) them last. 4. I (to get) a fax from Boston an hour ago, but I (not to answer) it yet. 5. When you (to get) this wonderful ring? – I don’t remember. I (to have) it for years. 6. How’s Jack? When you (to see) him? – Oh, I (not to see) him for ages. 7. The man you see there is the man to whom I (to lend) the money. – When you (to lend) it to him? – I (to do) it yesterday. 8. He cannot see well as he (to become) short-sighted. 9. He is a man who (to live) a remarkable life. 10. What you (to do) since I (to see) you last?
EX. 4. РАСКРОЙТЕ СКОБКИ, УПОТРЕБЛЯЯ ГЛАГОЛЫ В PRESENT PERFECT ИЛИ PAST PERFECT.
1. Mother (to write) a letter to her. She (to write) a letter before she got a telegram. 2. The boys (to go) to the sports ground already. 3. He could go to the seaside because he (to pass) all the examinations. 4. He studied better than his father (to do). 5. When we came she already (to send) the children to go to bed. 6. They saw at once that the man (to travel) a lot. 7. The day after the party he asked why we (to leave) so early. 8. Who (to eat) all the cakes? 9. He tried to remember what (to happen) to him.10 They (to get) three letters from their friends.
EX. 5. РАСКРОЙТЕ СКОБКИ, УПОТРЕБЛЯЯ ГЛАГОЛЫ В FUTURE CONTINUOUS ИЛИ FUTURE PERFECT.
1. My friend’s brother will be a graduate next year, he (to finish) his studies by spring. 2. Don’t you know what Peter (to do) at 7 o’clock. 3. When the guests arrive, we (to decorate) the fir-tree. 4. When I call on her, Mary (to lay) the table. 5. At 3 o’clock our train (to approach) Vladivostok. 6. While you are writing this exercise we (to prepare) home-reading. 7. I think she (to cook) dinner by the time mother comes home. 8. She (to recover) by the end of winter holidays. 9. I (to wait) for you at this time tomorrow. Don´t be late. 10. By the end of the week I (to make) my fancy ball dress.