Контрольная работа №2
Тема «Учеба в вузах МВД»
Задание 1. Определите часть речи следующих слов и переведите их. Выделите словообразовательные суффиксы и префиксы.
education, government, annually, minister, political, significant, policeman, violation, social, responsible, illegal, organizer, prehistoric, unofficial, evidence, disorganize.
Задание 2. Переведите сочетание «существительное + существительное».
police station, the Institute library, the Library Institute, life imprisonment, public organization, crime investigation, employment agency, crime rate, Internal Affairs Department.
Задание 3. Переведите словосочетания и определите степени сравнения прилагательных.
the best means, more efficient, higher rate than, the most difficult task, a little longer than, the oldest parliament, heavier traffic, the least serious form of crime, worse than, less interesting.
Задание 4. Переведите предложения и определите функцию глаголов to be, to have, to do (вспомогательный, смысловой, модальный).
1. My friend is a first-year student.
2. We had no classes in English last week.
3. Does your father work in police?
4. The operative group will be at the crime scene in some minutes.
5. Are you a divisional inspector?
6. He didn’t do it in time.
Задание 5. Переведите предложения, содержащие оборот there is\there are. Обратите внимание на употребление неопределенных и отрицательных местоимений и их производных.
1. There is no doubt about it.
2. There is a good library at our Institute.
3. There are some mistakes in your test.
4. How many students are there in your group?
5. There were no difficulties in the new text.
6. There are two terms (semesters) in the academic year.
Задание 6. Выделите в предложениях сказуемое, определите видовременную форму и залог глаголов и укажите их инфинитив. Переведите предложения.
1. We study every day.
2. The students knew about the meeting.
3. We have already finished our work.
4. My friend always comes late.
5. The teacher answered all your questions.
6. What are you reading?
Задание 7. Прочитайте текст 1. Выпишите из него интернациональные слова и слова, о значении которых можно догадаться без словаря (не менее 10 слов).
Recruitment and Training: Becoming a Police Officer in the USA
To meet the basic requirement to police work applicants must:
- be a US citizen;
- not have been convicted of a felony;
- have a driver’s license in the state where the department is located;
- be at least twenty-one years of age.
Beyond these minimum requirements, the selection process involves: backgrounds checks, including drug tests; a review of applicant’s educational, military, and driving records; credits checks; interview with the spouses, acquaintances, and previous employers.
It is difficult to find a profession that put potential employees through a more strenuous series of tests than law enforcement. To start with, police applicant must take a written examination to measure the applicant’s knowledge of basic information and ability to comprehend certain situations, mathematical ability and writing skills. After the written examination, the applicant moves on to physical ability tests.
Recruits with college or university education generally have an advantage in hiring and promotion.
Most police departments have a number of factors that automatically disqualify a person from employment. According to statistics, around 20 per cent of the nearly 70,000persons who apply for police jobs are rejected annually.