1. Образуйте множественное число следующих существительных и переведите их:
lady, toy, foot, money, information, business, woman, wife, bus, hall.
2. Употребите нужную форму притяжательных местоимений. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) Where are … glasses? I don’t see anything without them.
2) They left … house early in the morning.
3) John plays football very well, but … last playing was bad.
4) Mrs. Brown has a wonderful garden in front of … house.
5) … husband is three years older than me.
3. Заполните пропуски в предложениях глаголами to be, to have, оборотом there + to be, употребляя соответствующую форму в Present Indefinite Tense. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1) … somebody waiting for you in the hall.
2) The students usually … English classes in the morning.
3) … more than 30 theatres in Broadway in New York.
4) I think you … not quite right.
4. Заполните пропуски нужными предлогами в скобках. Переведите предложение на русский язык.
1) People would live… the Moon if it were possible. (at, on, for)
2) I’d like to travel all… the world. (over, under, in)
3) Adam Smith is known to be the father… Economies. (opposite, in, of)
4) The theory of relativity was opened… Einstein. (by, with, from)
5. Употребите глагол, данный в скобках, во временах Present Simple, Present Continuous, Present Perfect, Present Perfect Continuous, добавив необходимые обстоятельства времени. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
She (write) interesting stories.
6. Перепишите диалог №1 и переведите его письменно на русский язык. Выучите новые слова.
THE VISIT OF A FOREIGN PARTNER
John Cartwright, a Sales Manager for a British company, has just arrived at Borispol Airport from London. He is visiting an Ukrainian company that wants to buy equipment produced by his company. Here are some dialogs between him and the staff of the Ukrainian company.
AT THE AIRPORT
– Excuse me... Are you Mr. Cartwright?
– Yes, I’m.
– I’m Vladimir Ivanov, from TST Systems. How do you do.
– How do you do.
– Thank you for coming to meet me.
– Not at all. Did you have a good trip?
– Yes, thank you. I was a bit airsick, but now I’m O.K.
– Can I help you with your luggage?
– Thank you. You are so kind.
AT THE OFFICE
– I’d like you to meet Mr. Pospelov, our Director General.
– Nice to meet you, Mr. Pospelov.
– Nice to meet you too. Have you ever been to Kiev before, Mr. Cartwright?
– No, it’s my first visit to Kiev.
– What are your first impressions of Kiev?
– I like Kiev, it’s a very beautiful city, and quite different from London.
– Let me introduce my staff to you.
– Nice to meet you.
– Do take a seat. Would you like a cigarette?
– No, thanks, I don’t smoke.
– Would you like something to drink?
– Yes. I’d like a cup of coffee.
– How would you like your coffee, Mr. Cartwright, black or white?
– Black, please.
– With sugar?
– No, thanks.
– By the way, Mr Cartwright, what is your profession?
– I’m a sales manager. This is my Visiting Card.