ВАРИАНТ № 1
Задание № 1. Прочитайте и письменно переведите текст.
Organizations permeate all levels of our lives. We come into contact with many of them daily. In fact, most of us probably spend most of our lives in – or affected by – organizations. We spend sizable amounts of our time as members of work, school, civic, and church organizations – involved as employees, students, clients, patients, and citizens.
At some times, these organizations appear to be efficiently run and responsive to our needs, and at other times they are extremely frustrating and irritating. We may even think they are harassing us. Such personal experience in or with organizations may have already helped to form our sense of what it means to be «organized».
Organizations exist for one reason: they can accomplish things that individuals cannot. Thus, whether the goal is to make a profit, provide education, foster religion, improve health care, get a candidate elected, or build a new football stadium, organizations get the job done. Organizations are characterized by their goal-directed behavior. They pursue goals and objectives that can be achieved more efficiently and effectively by the concerted action of individuals and groups.
Organizations are essential to the way our society operates. In industry, education, health care and defense, organizations have created impressive gains for our standard of living and our worldwide image. The size of organizations with which you deal daily should illustrate the tremendous political, economic and social powers they separately possess.
Organizations are, however, much more than means for providing goods and services. They create the settings in which most of us spend our lives. In this respect, they have profound influence on our behavior.
Задание № 2. Перепишите только верные утверждения по тексту «ORGANIZATION».
1. Organizations permeate all levels of our lives.
2. At some times, these organizations appear to be efficiently run and responsive to our needs, and at other times they are extremely frustrating and irritating.
3. Organizations are characterized by their profit-directed behavior.
4. The size of organizations with which you deal daily should illustrate the tremendous political, economic and social powers they separately possess.
5. Organizations are only means for providing goods and services.
Задание № 3. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The negotiations of Presidents are being held in London now.
2. All the members of the company will be involved in reaching the company’s goals and objectives.
3. English has always been the main language in the USA.
4. A group of Italian students will visit our city next week.
5. Our firm was founded five years ago.
6. I knew that my friend had already entered the Wood Institute.
7. Several new employees have just been hired by this company.
Задание № 4. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык предложения с причастиями (Participle I, Participle II), обращая внимание на особенности их образования и перевода. Выпишите причастия. Определите их форму и функцию.
1. The inspector examining the goods is a competent engineer.
2. Listening to the Professor’s report, all the people became more and more interested in the problem being discussed.
3. The advertising article was published in the newspaper yesterday.
4. At the moment our firm is collecting information about the market to forecast potential sales.
5. Some innovative technical features must be described to promote those products.
6. The having been got fax was being waited for during the last two days.