1. Напишите предложения полностью, соединив части предложений из колонки А с частями предложений из колонки В.
If I knew his name, you could meet my brother.
If I had known his phone number we could have had a picnic.
If you came with me, you would have seen lots of sights.
If you’d come with me, he would have just spent it.
If the weather had been better, I would have sent you a copy.
If the weather were better, I’d have called him.
If you’d given me your address, we could go for a walk.
If I had given him the money, I would introduce you
2. Расставьте глаголы в предложения по смыслу.
ask, hurry, make, work, ship, take, arrive, be
1) If he calls I ……… him when he wants it.
2) If you go to San Francisco you ……… jetlagged for a few days.
3) She’ll get fired if she ……… late again.
4) They won’t have any problems getting here if they ……… a taxi.
5) If we don’t get payment this week we ……… the next order.
6) We won’t get the shipment out if we ……… overtime.
7) If we don’t accept this offer, they ……… a better one.
8) We’ll be late if we ……… .
3. Напишите предложения полностью, расставив все члены предложения в правильном порядке.
4. Прочитайте ситуацию и выберите правильное предложение a, b или c
1. Someone asks you to help them to translate a newspaper article into your language. Unfortunately, the newspaper article is in Chinese - a language you don’t speak or understand. What do you say?
a. I’ll help you if I can.
b. I’d help you if I could
2. Someone asks about your plans for tomorrow. You are not sure yet - you are either going to the beach or to the cinema - it depends on the weather. What do you say?
a. If the weather is good, I’ll go to the beach.
b. If the weather was good, I’d go to the beach.
3. You are on holiday at the seaside. The beach is very nice, but unfortunately the weather isn’t very good - it’s cloudy and the temperature is only 12C. What do you say?
a. I’d be happier if the weather were better.
b. I’ll be happier if we have better weather.
4. You invite a friend to go to a club with you, but she’s got an exam tomorrow, so she can’t come. What does she say to you?
a. I’ll come if I don’t have an exam.
b. I’d come if I didn’t have an exam.
5. A taxi driver is driving you very slowly to the station. You train leaves in five minutes. What do you say to him?
a. If we don’t go faster, I’ll miss the train.
b. If we didn’t go faster, I’d miss the train.
6. A friend asks you to drive her home from a party, but your car is at home, so you can’t help her. What do you say?
a. Sorry, if I have my car, I’ll take you home.
b. Sorry, if I had my car, I’d take you home.
7. You see a child crossing the road reading a book. What do you say to the child?
a. If you’re not careful, you’ll have an accident.
b. If you weren’t careful, you’d have an accident.
5. Прочтите текст. Расставьте слова и словосочетания в пропуски в тексте и переведите получившийся текст на русский язык.
the convergence/computer software/technology/a broad subject
What is Information and Communications Technology (ICT)?
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) or Information technology (IT) is ________ concerned with technology and other aspects of managing and processing information. In particular, IT deals with the use of electronic computers and ________ to convert, store, protect, process, transmit, and retrieve information. Today, ICT is used to describe ________ of Information Technology, Telecommunications and Data Networking Technologies into a single ________.
6. Прочтите текст. Найдите английские эквиваленты в тексте и образуйте из существительных глаголы