ЗАДАНИЯ К КОНТРОЛЬНОЙ РАБОТЕ №3
1. Напишите следующие прилагательные в сравнительной и превосходной степени:
beautiful, good, pale, thin, lazy, bad, hot, difficult, dirty, short, long, interest¬ing, deep, young
2. Поставьте взятые в скобки прилагательные и наречия в сравнительную и превосходную степени:
1. Who is the (strong) boy in your group?
2. One of the (interesting) places in our city is the embankment.
3. Yekaterinburg is one of the (big) industrial centres of Russia.
4. Yesterday we came home (early) than usual.
5. With the coming of the spring all people seemed (happy) and (quiet).
6. Today the weather is (bad) than it was yesterday.
7. It was the (good) reward we wished.
8. He is (little) educated than his father.
9. Where is the (far) point?
3. Заполните пропуски союзами as ... as, (not) so ... as и переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. Is Yekaterinburg ... big ... Moscow?
2. The Don is ... long ... the Volga.
3. The weather is ... nice today ... it was yesterday.
4. What other months are ... long ... April?
5. The last winter was not ... cold ... this winter.
6. My room is ... light ... yours.
7. This English book is not ...easy for me ... the book you gave me to read last time.
8. I do not get up ... early on Sunday ... on week-days.
4. Переведите следующие словосочетания на английский язык:
более трудный предмет, самая важная проблема, самый большой в России, самые глубокие знания, менее трудный экзамен, самый молодой, менее важный, намного интереснее, гораздо легче, намного лучше, гораздо дешевле
5. Напишите глаголы, данные в скобках, в соответствующей форме; соблюдайте правила согласования времён:
1. We were informed that many scientists (work) at that problem.
2. The foreign tourists asked when the plant (put) to operation.
3. We thought that the results of the work (be) better.
4. They said that they (study) at the library for two hours the day be¬
5. The experiments proved that great economy (can) be realized by us¬ing automation.
6. At the press conference the engineers were asked whether they (car¬ry out) everything programmed by the scientists.
7. The teacher was sure that all his students (be ready) for the test that
8. The newspapers reported that a new engine (be) launched.
9. The assistants said that they (look for) the data which were necessary for their research.
10. The lecturer said that mathematics and science (supply) the principal
tools for discovering, testing and stating the laws of nature.
6. В данных предложениях определите, чем являются в них слова с окончанием -ing (герундий, причастие, отлагательное существительное). Переведите предложения на русский язык:
1. Talking with him is a real pleasure.
2. The professor insisted on doing it immediately.
3. A new broadcasting station has begun to function.
4. Everything depends on your being here in time.
5. The news was exciting.
6. After signing the document the secretary went away.
7. My brother´s going abroad upset all our plans.
8. You will find difficulty in solving this problem.
9. The launching of the new apparatus is the indication of the outstand¬ing progress of the country´s science and technology.
7. Переведите предложения:
1. Astronomers know of galaxies existing in various shapes and sizes.
2. There is no hope of our completing the experiment soon.
3. They insisted on the devices being reexamined.
4. The girl was confused by our all observing her.
5. He went to the door to listen to her coming up.
6. There being an extensive system of evening and correspondence ed¬ucation in this country, a great number of people are part-time and correspondence students.
7. Vast sums being spent on education in the country, the state is able to provide qualified specialists for all branches of industry.
8. Holiday accommodation and facilities being cheap, all the students can spend their vacations in camps, rest homes, etc.