I. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них
глагол-сказуемое и определите его видо-временную форму и залог. Переведите
предложения на русский язык. В разделе (б) обратите внимание на
особенности перевода пассивных конструкция.
a) 1. Our country has shown the way into space.
2. The YAK - 42 carried cargo, mail and baggage in containers.
3. The importance of scientific research is growing with every day.
4. There are only two kinds of energy transfer - wave motion and particle
b) 1. This month important observations will be made in cosmic space.
• 2. The data of the latest research in this field of science are often referred to.
3.Another interesting plane was shown during the parade the 15 - seater L -
4. The laboratory of our Institute was given a new task.
. Перепишите следующие предложения. Подчеркните Participle I и
Participle II и установите функции каждого из них, т.е. укажите, является ли
оно определением, обстоятельством или составной частью глагола-
сказуемого. Предложения переведите на русский язык.
1. Preparing the plane for flight, a flight engineer cheeks all the equipment.
2. While studing the properties of electrons atomic physicists solved many other
3. The heroic space flight made by a soviet man opened a new era in history.
4. The work done by our students is used in designing a new aircraft.
III. Перепишите следующие предложения, подчеркните в каждом из них
модальный глагол и его эквивалент; предложения переведите на русский язык.
1 .Can you increase the power of this device without additional weight?
2. It was proved that a new aeroplane could cover great distances in short time.
3. Aeronauts have to be protected from the heat at take off and landing.
4. The experiments are to clarify this point of view.
5. Tsiolkovkys dream that mankind must not remain eternally on earth is now a
6. Ultra - violet radiation may produce ionization.
IV. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык I, 2 и 3-й абзацы
Yuri Gagarin (1934 - 1968)
1. In the 1960s satellites were travelling at speeds approaching Mach 25. It was
only a matter of time (1) before men were placed in (2) them. In our country and in
the United States men were undergoing training (3), for this purpose. They were
called cosmonauts in our country and astronauts in the United States.
2. The first man to fly (4) into space was a Russian man, Yuri Gagarin. On
Wednesday, April 12, 1961 at 9. 07. a.m. (5) Moscow Time, the sputnik-spaceship
"Vostok" was launched into space with a man on board. This man was the first
cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin.
3. Yuri Gagarin, the son of a carpenter, was born near Czhatsk (now Gagarin),
Smolensk region on the 9th of March, 1934. His early education was interrupted by
the war. After the war he attended a vocational school (6) and then a technical
industrial school. His interest in flying led him to the Orenburg flying school from
which he graduated with honours as an airforce lieutenant in 1957. After serving аз a
test pilot (7), he joined the group of cosmonauts in training (8) for orbital flight and it
was upon him that (9) the choice fell in 1961.
4. On April 12, 1961, Gagarin became the first man placed in orbit about the
Earth. He remained in orbit 1 hour and 48 min., rising as high above the surface as
187, 66 miles and travelling at a velocity that reached 17,400 miles an hour.