КОНТРОЛЬНОЕ ЗАДАНИЕ № 6
1. Письменно переведите предложения на русский язык. При переводе обратите внимание на место предлога в русском языке:
1. His scientific articles are often referred to.
2. Do you think that these figures can be relied on?
3. The terms of agreement were insisted upon.
4. The desire of a customer to buy is influenced by packaging.
5. This method is much spoken about.
6. Our plan was objected to.
2. Письменно переведите предложения. Обратите внимание на место Participle II в качестве определения и способы его перевода:
1. People who have specialized knowledge are very valuable to the company.
2. Managers provide detailed instructions so employees know exactly what to do.
3. Marketing includes all the business activities connected with the movement of goods and services from producers to customers.
4. Once signed the contract can’t be cancelled.
5. The price mentioned was five per cent lower than that which had been paid under the previous contract.
3. Выделите придаточные предложения, подчеркните их и определите тип. Письменно переведите предложения:
1. Credit unions were started by people who shared a common bond such as working in the same factory or belonging to the same house of worship.
2. When you keep your savings in a bank, the bank pays you extra money, which is called interest.
3. Marketing can be divided into the four main elements that are popularly known as the four Ps: product, price, placement and promotion.
4. The producers who establish these prices are known as price leaders.
5. The question is whether he knows about her promotion or not.
6. The problem was that he didn’t possess negotiating skills.
4. Письменно переведите следующие предложения, обращая внимание на порядок слов в придаточных предложениях:
1. Had I known about the vacancy, I would have applied.
2. Rarely have I gained so much valuable experience in any work place.
3. No matter how hard we work, we’ll fail if we don′t adopt the new job.
5. Укажите в предложениях, в каком значении употребляются глаголы should/would. Письменно переведите предложения:
1. If we’d prepared properly, we wouldn’t have lost the contract.
2. You really should open a bank account.
3. When we were working for Link-up we would spend hours on the phone.
4. Business representatives insist that bank customers should save their money in the bank in dollars.
5. The manager suggested that I should be engaged in advertising problems.
6. He tried to persuade me, but I wouldn′t listen to him.
6. Письменно переведите текст на русский язык:
Banks and Banking.
When it comes to dealing with money, the banks provide a variety of services essential to trade and to the economy of a country. There are two main types of bank:
1. Central banks.
These are the institutions which control the banking of the entire country; they work together with the government to control the country′s economy. The central bank of the United Kingdom is the Bank of England, in the USA it is the Federal Reserve System, in single-currency Europe the European Central Bank, etc. The central bank has a number of different functions:
a) To issue banknotes and coins, the country’s currency. These notes and coins are legal tender in the country where they are produced; this means that traders in that country may not refuse them when they are offered as payment.
b) To look after the country’s gold reserves.
c) To make sure that the country′s currency keeps its value.
d) To act as bankers for the government and the other banks.
e) To keep inflation under control. Inflation happens when there is a lot more money (in the form of banknotes and credit) available than there are goods for sale (in other words, when demand for the goods exceeds supply). When this happens, prices increase sharply and often. To stop it, the central bank needs to take money out of circulation, for example by increasing interest rates