Контрольная работа № 4
I. Определите функцию инфинитива в предложении, переведите на русский язык.
1. To prepare a balance sheet a bookkeeper should record all data accurately.
2. The specialists will discuss the details of the contract next time.
3. Our plant began to produce goods for export.
4. The aim of the government is to support small business.
5. There is one more thing to be said at this stage.
6. To get this job you must have a job interview.
II. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на инфинитивные обороты.
1. We know the wholesaler to buy goods in large quantities.
2. They expect the producer to ensure the constant flow of production.
3. This company is known to produce high-quality goods.
4. Our sales are unlikely to increase next year.
5. The cost of the goods is considered to be lowered, if the wholesaler is eliminated from the chain.
6. They wanted us to make a decision – to pay more for the same order.
III. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на сложные формы причастия настоящего времени и причастный оборот.
1. The goods being arrived at the port are always transported to the clients without delay.
2. Being ill, he couldn’t attend the meeting and sign the contract.
3. Having installed new equipment we were able to increase our productivity.
4. Having been provided with financial information, a tax department can estimate profitability of a peculiar business.
5. Inflation being anticipated, an economy can adjust to it more rapidly.
IV. Переведите на русский язык, обращая внимание на перевод герундия и герундиальных оборотов.
1. Getting employment is often a difficult problem for young people.
2. My uncle began earning his first million when he was 14.
3. Our secretary is responsible for answering the phone and sending faxes and e-mails.
4. The idea of launching a new kind of equipment is not new.
5. They earn money by investing them into different state and not state funds.
V. Поставьте следующие предложения в косвенную речь, обращая внимание на согласование времен, переведите их на русский язык.
1. He said, “I run the biggest computer company in the country”.
2. The manager said, “I am just calling to ask about the delivery of goods”.
3. The supplier assured, “You will get your goods in 2 days”.
4. She announced, “Our firm has received a letter that contains very important information”.
5. The Prime Minister claimed, “The Government must do its best to prevent rising inflation and unemployment”.
6. I said, “I was watching TV at 5”.
VI. Раскройте скобки и поставьте глаголы в требуемую для 1-го типа придаточных условных предложений форму.
1. If the price (not to be) very high, they will sign the contract.
2. We (to increase) our sales, if we launch a new product.
3. If a bank (to grow), it will add new services and facilities.
4. Our customers (to be satisfied), if we improve the delivery service.
5. We may lose our benefits, if the cost of raw materials (to rise).
VII. Переведите предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на придаточные предложения условия.
1. We won’t make any money, if we agree to all their terms.
2. If the price were high, they would cancel the contract.
3. What would you do, if I didn’t lend you the money?
4. If the goods were loaded quickly, we would receive them in time.
5. Unless we lower the price, the product will not compete with other brands.
VIII. Определите функции глаголов should и would в предложении, переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. We came to agreement we should follow the same trade policy.
2. You should be more polite with your subsidiaries.
3. They would dispute all day long.
4. What kind of company would you like to work for: a state-owned or a private company?
5. The company’s experts agreed that the deal would be unprofitable.