1. Переведите с английского языка на русский.
How to relax
People working hard do not know how to relax. On the other hand people, who can relax happily and enjoy doing nothing, get down to a job with great difficulty.
Let us discuss one of those people arriving at the office early in the morning. He sits down at the desk staring at the wall and smoking a ciga-rette. Finally, he began to work trying to interrupt it at every opportunity – for tea, or for another break.
Have you ever been to Great Britain?
Great Britain has three pats: England, Wales and Scotland. England is the biggest part of Great Britain. Great Britain is the oldest industrial coun-try in the world. The industries are concentrated mainly in the central part of the country. Birmingham is well known for its high-quality steel, cars and aircrafts. That is why air and water are polluted (загрязненные) there. We have heard about it on television and radio. Now people trying to reuse some materials but some plastics cannot be destroyed.
2. Выберите и перепишите предложения, стоящие в Passive Voice и переведите их на русский язык.
1. London is the oldest industrial city.
2. London is devided into 2 parts by the river Thames.
3. London is able to take many tourists in summer.
4. Coal and gas are produced in Great Britain.
5. London is known for its places of interest.
6. Air and water are not to be polluted (загрязняться) by industrial wasters.
3. Напишите глаголы-сказуемые в Present, Past или Future Continuous Tense и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. Peter (to be going) to the University yesterday at 9 o’clock in the morn-ing. I saw him at the bus stop.
2. Peter (to be going) to the University now. He has to take examinations today.
3. Peter (to be doing) his exam paper tomorrow at 10 o’clock.
4. Выпишите предложения, где использованы эквиваленты модальных глаголов и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. He is allowed to go home.
2. He is at home now.
3. He has done this work.
4. He has to do this work.
5. I am able to do this work.
6. Helen is to type some documents.
5. Выпишите предложения, в которых Participle I является обстоятельством, и переведите их.
1. Examining the student the teacher asked him some questions.
2. The teacher examining the student asked him some questions.
3. When speaking English he made some mistakes.
6. Напишите глаголы-сказуемые в Present, Past или Future Perfect Tense и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. John (to have visited) already Sochi, he can tell you a lot of interesting things about the city.
2. John (to have visited) Sochi before the Festival took place there.
3. John (to have visited) Sochi by the next autumn.