КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА № 2
1. Раскройте скобки, заменив инфинитив на герундий. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
Образец: He needs much more drill in (to spell).
He needs much more drill in spelling.
1. Could you please stop (to make) so much noise?
2. I enjoy (to listen) to music.
3. Hello! Fancy (to see) you here! What a surprise!
4. Sarah gave up (to try) to find a job in this country and decided to go abroad.
5. I can’t help (to tell) you the story.
6. It was a lovely day, so I suggested (to have a picnic).
7. I don’t mind you (to use) the phone as long as you pay for all your calls.
2. Поставьте глагол, данный в скобках, в Continuous Passive.
1. The theatre (to build) when we came to this town.
2. Who (to examine) now?
3. A dictation (to write) by the students now.
4. The device (to test) when you entered the laboratory.
5. Ann can’t use her office at the moment. It (to redecorate).
3. Замените глагол-сказуемое в действительном залоге на соответствующую форму Continuous в страдательном залоге.
1. They are sending for the doctor.
2. Somebody is using the computer at the moment.
3. We were listening to the speaker with great interest when the bell interrupted the lecture.
4. When I entered the hall somebody was playing a beautiful piece of music.
4. Поставьте глаголы, данные в скобках, в Perfect Passive.
1. The exhibition (to hold) before we arrived.
2. The project (to be ready) by next Monday.
3. My car has disappeared. It (to steal).
4. Her work (to finish) by this time yesterday.
5. Before the bell rings the text (to translate).
5. Замените глагол-сказуемое в действительном залоге на соответствующую форму Perfect в страдательном залоге.
1. His team has lost the game.
2. She will have put the child to bed before you come.
3. We had examined all the students of group 5 by the time he came.
4. By the end of the year we shall have paid the money for the car.
5. We have invited many friends to the party.
6. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на модальные глаголы с Perfect Infinitive.
1. They don’t answer the telephone. They must have gone away somewhere.
2. Mr. Smith may have gone home.
3. Why did you stay at a hotel when you went to New York? You could have stayed with Barbara.
4. I’ve lost my gloves. I must have dropped them somewhere.
5. I was surprised that Sarah wasn’t at the meeting. – She might not have known about it.
6. Why did you wash that shirt? It wasn’t dirty. You needn’t have washed it.
7. She must have failed to understand this rule, that’s why the exercises are done in the wrong way.
7. Переведите следующие предложения на русский язык, обращая внимание на независимый причастный оборот.
1. The new methods having been introduced, the productivity of labour at the plant went up.
2. It being very late, we had to return home.
3. The rain having stopped, we could continue our way.
4. The weather being favourable, we shall start on a skiing trip.
5. My brother having written a letter, I went to post it.
8. Соедините два предложения по образцу, используя независимый причастный оборот.
Образец: The book was interesting. We read it with pleasure.
The book being interesting, we read it with pleasure.
1. Our friend helped us. We could fulfil our work in time.
2. The experiment has been over. Everybody left the laboratory.
3. The speaker has finished the report. We began to discuss it.
4. The text was interesting. We translated it with pleasure.
5. We had a good time during our holidays. The weather was fine all the time.