Coat of arms of Jamaica - inherited from the British with slight rights Jamaican coat of arms was granted in 1661 under the Jamaica Royal Warrant. The original was designed by William Sankroftom, then Archbishop of Canterbury. Pictured on the Stamp board purple cross on a white field - "Cross of St. George" - taken from an old English flag and recalls the centuries-old ties with Britain (Jamaica and is now a British Dominion). Pineapples are placed on the board, did not play and do not play a huge capacity in the economy and raised in a small number. They symbolize the tropical greenery and rustic economy as a whole. On the tragic history of Jamaica resemble figures supporting a shield of indigenous inhabitants of the island - Arawaks Indians entirely exterminated by the Spaniards in the XVI century (later in their place the British brought black slaves from Africa). Basket with fruits and vegetables in their hands, and bow Indian woman in the hands of the Indian reminded of their main occupation - agriculture and hunting. Enough poor fauna of Jamaica is the emblem of American crocodile standing on a log denoting the local flora. The helmet above the shield is traditional for the coats of arms of the former British possessions, tint wreath match the colors of the field and the cross on the shield and shade tentorium - the color of the field, and pineapples. Motto in English means "From the mass - one people" and expresses the desire for unity and cohesion of different ethnic and racial groups. There is a simplified version of the coat of arms: the coat of arms is surrounded by 2 national flags and topped with a ribbon with the motto.