1. If you don’t work at these mistakes now … will help you later.
a. everything b. something c. anything d. nothing
2. He … so quickly. I don’t understand anything.
a. speaks b. is speaking c. has spoken d. will speak
3. Edward, you … so much since I saw you last.
a. grow b. are growing c. have grown d. grew
4. When it becomes dark we … going in the direction of the town.
a. start b. have started c. will start d. are starting
5. Everybody hoped she … soon all about it.
a. forgot b. had forgotten c. will forget d. would forget
6. It’s 12 o’clock now. So, he … for five hours without rest.
a. work b. is working c. has worked d. has been working
7. No one … be late for this class. The teacher likes discipline.
a. must b. is c. ought d. should
8. He was still there but not a word … from him yet.
a. heard b. was heard c. has heard d. had been heard
9. By the time our guests come we … the table.
a. lay b. will lay c. have laid d. will have laid
10. Where are the Nikitins? — They are … at the sea.
a. everywhere b. somewhere c. anywhere d. nowhere
11. This season there … many snowfalls in our region.
a. are b. is c. has been d. have been