4. The party's put two questions. 5. The Visitor and left nothing for swallowed. 6. When I found out that the building will retain the bakery, my soul was relieved.
11. Write sentences using the correct form of the proper names given in brackets.
1. These books were sent to students (Mark and Ian Goikhman). 2. The actor sang beautiful verses (Rodríguez Larreta). 3. The concert featured works (Bulat Okudzhava). 4. Husband and wife (Brown) opened a small cafe in the city center. 5. New product (Heinrich and Thomas Mann) was released in large quantities. 6. The Court convicted (Kravchunas Arvid H.).
12. Record noun given in parentheses, in an appropriate case form.
1. How many (dresses) do you need? 2. I bought the whole garden tools, other than (the rake). 3. Above the swamp circling couple (herons). 4. How many (shares) of the inheritance you have received? 5. In our city a lot (Georgian, Turkmen, Uzbeks, Roma, Ossetians).
13. The image of the form nominative plural nouns following.
Accountant, age, evening, monogram, a pile of choice, the contract, the director, the doctor, the dean, the huntsman, the gutter, pearls, inspector, engineer, boat, condenser, bell, dome, lapel, physician, lecturer, master, month, number, District, warrant officer, a passport, a cook, a cellar, a train, a professor, a syllable, a watchman.
14. Arrange the accent in words. If in doubt, refer to dictionaries. Note the position of the stress in these words:
Sting, gasoline pipe, beliefs, reproduce, carbonated, gas pipeline, a dispensary, production, contract, cork, sign, spoiled, confession, exhaust, quarter, pantry, costume, beautiful maneuver pipeline, newborn, slaver, guardianship, wholesale, inform, understanding, remembering, libel precedent urge to take.