3 5 Semester Course
1. Underline the infinitive and translate the sentences into Russian.
Emphasize the infinitive and translate proposals into Russian.
1. I would like to see this witness again.
2. At the College we are also taught to find evidence.
3. I entered Law Institute to become a lawyer.
4. The girl was quite young when both her parents died and she remained alone with younger brothers to take care of.
5. Here are some tablets to relieve your headache.
6. I would like to speak to you.
2. Translate the following sentences into English using Complex Object.
Translate the following sentences using complex addition.
1. They forced him to pay ransom.
2. We have often seen how they work in the reading room.
3. A police officer saw the fleeing criminal.
4. I want to write a letter today.
5. I do not think he's an honest man.
6. I saw them walking down the street together.
3. Encircle the Participles, mark the Present Participle with "Pres." And Past Participle with "Past" and translate the sentences into Russian.
Note sentences containing present participle word "Pres.", And offers containing past participle word "Past".
1. They promised to compensate for all the expenses incurred.
2. The article being interesting and important I used in my report.
3. The coat bought last year is too small for me now.
4. Freedom of speech and demonstration was reported being violated.
5. Taking the dictionary, he began to translate the text.
6. This is a church built many years ago.
4. Choose the correct form of the Participle.
Choose the correct form of the sacrament.
1. Translate the words (writing, written) on the blackboard.
2. We could not see the sun (covering, covered) by dark clouds.
3. (Going, gone) alone on the street, I met Mary and Ann.
4. Yesterday we were at a conference (organizing, organized) by the students of our group.
5. It was not easy to find the (losing, lost) stamp.
6. "How do you like the film?" He asked (turning, turned) towards me.
5. Underline the Gerund and translate the sentences into Russian.
Emphasize the gerund and translate proposals into Russian.
1. The criminal should have no hope of getting away with his crime and consequently of going punished.
2. The problem may be summarized by saying, that a criminal offence against any private right is punished by the state.
3. A person arrested at a crime scene for having committed an offence must be brought before a magistrate within a limited period of time.
4. The principal responsibility of the central government for preserving law and order throughout GB is reflected in the police powers vested by Parliament in the Home secretary.
5. Instead of being placed in jail the accused was released on bail.
6. The witness insisted on having seen the criminal quite clearly.
6. Use Infinitive or Gerund.
Used the infinitive or gerund.
1. If the arrest is made as a result of (to observe, observing) a law violations, an investigation is conducted to determine whether or not a crime was committed.
2. Mobility has given people the opportunity (to commit, committing) crimes far away from home.
3. I suggest (to see, seeing) this film.
4. I could not help (to smile, smiling)