I. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление времён группы Continuous (Present, Past, Future) и группы Perfect (Present, Past, Future) в действительном и страдательном залогах. Выпишите сказуемые и укажите их видовременные формы.
1. According to schedule, this train was due to arrive at 12.30, but because of track repair work, it is being delayed.
2. The passengers had been invited to get on the train and now they were exchanging farewells with those who had come to see them off.
3. China is planning to construct several thousand kilometers of high-speed lines for the transportation of 1.5 billion passengers and 2.1 billion tones of freight a year. Specific plans have been drawn up to upgrade the busiest main lines for semi-express train running at 160 km/h or express trains moving at 250 km/h. At the same time, the possibility of the train speed increase up to 350 km/h is being investigated.
II. Перепишите и переведите предложения, поставив глагол в нужную форму.
1. She (to tell – Past Indefinite Passive) in the enquiry office that the schedule of this commuter train ( to change – Past Perfect Passive). 2. Several newspapers (to report – Present Perfect Active ) that the Russian and Finnish governments (to discuss – Present Continuous Active) a project for the reconstruction of the Helsinki-St. Petersburg railroad known in Finland as the Eastern Railway. 3. The new three wagon Tank Train (to test – Present Perfect Passive) in severe winter conditions on the Alaska Railroad. 4. The construction of both the bridge and
the dam ( to complete – Future Perfect Passive) by the beginning of the navigation season. 5. At present 2,500 km of high-speed lines (to construct – Present Continuous Passive) in Europe and Asia.
III. Перепишите и переведите предложения, выбрав правильную форму сказуемого (Active or Passive).
1. The equipment (has packed; has been packed) already into boxes and now it (is loading; is being loaded) into the container. 2. Air-conditioning system always (maintains; is maintained) the optimum temperature and humidity in the carriage. 3. A new high-speed railway line (is building; is being built) in the Northwest of Russia now. 4. The flood (has caused; has been caused ) considerable damage to the railway track.
IV. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление модальных глаголов. Подчеркните модальные глаголы в английских предложениях и в переводе.
1. Both direct and alternating current may be used on electrified railways. 2. Steel, which is used for the production of rails, must be of high quality. 3. If you have lost your credit card, you should declare about it immediately. 4. Two or more locos can be coupled and operated by a single crew. 5. The double-track railways are more convenient than single-track railways because the trains need not wait for the other trains to pass.
V. Образуйте от данных глаголов две формы Participle I. Полученные причастия переведите на русский язык.
Model: to read – a) reading – читая , читающий ;
b) having read – прочитав
1) to process; 2) to break; 3) to buy; 4) to pass; 5) to connect; 6) to know; 7) to require; 8) to fulfil; 9) to invent; 10) to take; 11) to tell; 12) to forbid; 13) to damage; 14) to sign; 15) to report.
VI. Перепишите и переведите предложения, обращая внимание на употребление Participle I в функциях определения и обстоятельства. Подчеркните причастия I в английских предложениях и в переводе.
1. The Oktyabrskaya Railway offers additional discounts for passengers traveling to Finland with children under the age of 17....