If you do not find a ready-made, desired job in English, write in the message. Is a quality and cost of dumping.
Setting 1. Move the text written in the Russian language.
The Land Use Planner and His Work
Land has much to do with our needs and the way we fulfill them. Many of our activities we devote to getting the basic items of food, shelter, and clothing. We need highways and automobiles, forests and railways and many other things. It is likely that if we had all that we could list, new wants would arise. And again we would be faced with the problem of how to satisfy them.
Land is necessary to satisfy man's needs. The people's needs can be satisfied only if we secure the best uses of land resources.
It is true that no progress in satisfaction the needs of man can be made if no labor is applied. If we want to live better we must work better. No progress can be made if labor is applied without intelligence. The land use planner is to secure wise land uses.
The land use planner must decide whether to use a tract for a home site or for crops, or whether to use a valley to produce com. He is to decide whether to use the river bottom land for growing tomatoes and cabbage. He is to be aware of the ability of land to satisfy wants when it is used for pasture or when it is used for wheat. He must know its productivity in each use. He must know many things about the land ability.
The land use planner determines which acreages to employ in each land use. He decides whether the land should be used now or later and how it must be used. He plans the living centers and the field patterns and many other services that land can supply. He must consider the best uses of the land.
The land use planner determines not only the productivity of land. He has to distinguish between the physical productivity and the economic productivity of the land. He is to know the productivity of the land itself and that of labor, capital and other resources. The general principle is: each hectare of land should be given to the use in which its economic productivity is the highest.
Task 2. Fill in the blanks the corresponding form of the verb to be. Translate the sentences.
1. Land use planner ... a very old profession.
2. The rights on land ... the key factor that determined the economic, social and political status of people.
3. In future effective land use planning ... ... impossible without land information.
4. Land ... necessary to satisfy man's needs.
5. He ... preparing for the exams yesterday.
6. There ... vast land resources in Russia.
Task 3. Put offer in interrogative and negative form:
1. Lands are very important resources for man.
2. Those farmers used the river bottom land for growing tomatoes and cabbage.
3. We have unlimited land resources on our planet.
Task 4. Form a degree of comparison of the following adjectives.
Good, important, happy, strong, careful, wet
Task 5. Write the following words numerals:
14, 182, 936, 2008, 78429, 3/8, 15.02
Task 6. Fill in the gaps and set the pretexts offer:
1. Land use planning is a process ... managing the use and development ... land resources ... a sustainable way.
2. The cadastre is used ... record information ... land rights, valuation, land use, etc.
3. We speak ... land as something ... which people can walk and build a house, plant a garden or grow a crop.
4. The quality ... farm land may be also affected ... water pollution, particularly ... accumulation ... heavy metals ... the soils ... waste disposal.
5. The population should actively participate ... the process ... land use planning.
Task 7. Pick synonyms for the following words.
land use planning, start, purpose, similar, need.