Put words in the correct order to get the question.
job learning for English your you are?
Are you learning English for your job?
1. weekend do what you would to this like?
2. dictionary why got you have not a?
3. English you start did learning when?
4. phoned doing customer when our what you were?
5. radio listening does enjoy to secretary the your?
Each group of four words (or phrases), three words (or phrases) united by a common concept. Determine the fourth word (or phrase) that is not related to him within the meaning of. Write it down.
1. language translator dictionary art
2. hairdresser shopkeeper customer banker
3. tomorrow morning yesterday evening the day after tomorrow in two weeks´ time
4. butcher´s greengrocer´s chemist´s baker´s
5. neck foot chest sock
Group B offers only one offer right. Locate and write it down.
1. I has gone anywhere interesting on my holiday.
2. I went anywhere very interesting on my holiday.
3. I did not go anywhere very interesting on my holidays.
4. I did not do anywhere very interesting for my holiday.
5. I had been anywhere very interesting for my holiday.
Insert a comma, if needed.
1. San Antonio in central Texas has a large Mexican -American population.
2. Farmers still sometimes find bombs in the fields where World War I took place.
3. My aunt´s apple orchard where several rare birds come to nest in the spring is often visited by scientists.
4. We use the room between the living room and the dining room as a study.
5. I´d always wanted to come to Europe because my parents my family came from Europe.
The following text is missing 10 prepositions. Identify them and insert the blanks:
1. Preparations ..... (1) a trip ...... (2) a foreign country are quite often nerveracking.
2. First you ´ll have to fill ..... (3) a form, then hand it ..... (4) ..... (5) photos .... (6) your visa.
3. When lucky you´ll get it ..... (7) a week or two.
4. But not all countries have their consular representations ..... (8) small towns.
5. ..... (9) instance, if you want to visit Mexico or Argentina, you´ll have to go ..... (10) Moscow to get a visa.
Pick synonyms (from column B) in the following words (in column A), and write them in pairs, with the translation. For example: extra - additional - additional.
obtain to take part in
Keep questions and give answers to them:
What do you say when
1. you are surprised at some news?
2. you want to change the subject of a conversation?
3. you are unable to keep an appointment?
4. you are late for a meeting?
5. you regret that you can not accept an invitation?
In each of the following suggestions to find a mistake and correct it.
1. We ´ll must open a checking account.
2. We arrived at New York at 5 o´clock in the morning.
3. Does he has to leave before the end of the play?
4. There are more men than womens in the Government.
5. Where have you been on holidays last year?
Append proposal by inserting the expression: have to, do not have to, should or should not.
If you feel ill, you should go to bed.
1. You ..................... have too much hand luggage.
2. People who want to smoke .....