The book is a detailed and clear guidance on the brickwork, which summarized many years of experience in professional mason. Details considered major surgery and techniques.
• Materials. Concrete and mortar mixtures, their components and proportions, how to perform the stirring; various kinds of bricks and blocks, their classification and use.
• Foundations. How to do the packing, sealing and curing of concrete when pouring foundations and simple reason.
• Layout. Simple ways to transfer elevations and mark the position of the walls of lines on a construction site.
• Laying bricks. Instruments; step by step instructions on all the basic techniques of laying bricks; various types of dressings; treatment of joints and hollow walls.
• Boundary wall. Design principles freestanding walls, including the use of pilasters, ridges and crowning elements.
• Decorative brickwork. Simple techniques to improve decorative brickwork.
• defects and correcting them. Typical defects of masonry and ways to correct them.