Task for the database access "Publisher"
Publishing house is an enterprise that produces a variety of printed products. The publishing house concludes an agreement with the customer (client) for the fulfillment of the order. The customer can be a private individual or an organization. An individual may be the author of the publication (or one of the authors, if there are several) or the representative of the author. The organization for contacts with the publishing house also has a representative - a contact person.
The order can be a book, a brochure, an advertising brochure, a booklet, a ballot paper or some other type of publishing. The materials of the customer prepared by the publishing house are printed in printing houses, where the publisher places its orders.
Information about the work of the publishing house can be grouped as follows:
- information about the customers (private person or organization, personal data of the contact person, address, telephone, fax);
- information on orders (order number, customer, type of printed product, publication, printing house (its name, address, telephone), date of order acceptance, date of order execution, execution note);
- information on publications (code of the publication, author, title, volume in printed sheets, circulation, order number);
- information about authors (name, home address, telephone, additional information).
The information system should allow analyzing information about orders, printers, authors, etc., for example:
- display orders in work (current);
- the number of orders for a certain period of time;
- the number of orders with the participation of certain authors;
- conclusion of the most frequently published author;
- The most loaded printing houses.