X. Заполните пропуски словами many, much, a lot of.
1. I don’t like watching TV so I don’t need … channels on my TV set.
2. Do you have … information about the economy of Russia?
3. He communicates with … people on the Internet and spends very … time online.
4. How … time do you spend at the computer?
5. How … e-mails do you send a day?
XI. Составьте утвердительные предложения из следующих слов:
1. as a, in a, works, sister, younger, company, my, big, bookkeeper.
2. Mathematics, my, at school, were, subjects, and Chemistry, favourite.
3. very, some, there are, in, places, Ekaterinburg, interesting.
4. Russia, Ekaterinburg, the, one, is, of, in, cities, largest.
5. of, are, we, of, the, Economics, Ural, University, students, state, part-time.
XII. Выберите соответствующий вспомогательный глагол для следующих отрицательных предложений: a) do, b) does, c) did, d) is, e) are, f) was, g) have, h) will ....
1. We … not study yesterday. It was Sunday.
2. She … not work anymore. She is retired.
3. He … not been to New York yet. It’s his dream.
4. You … not reading this newspaper. Can I take it?
5. It … not rain tomorrow. I heard the weather forecast.
6. Where is Ann? I … not know. I ... not seen her today.
XIII. Поставьте следующие предложения в отрицательную форму.
1. We have been to France this year.
2. She likes reading very much.
3. She went to the library yesterday.
4. They go to the cinema very often.
5. He is a very good student and he studies very well.
XIV. Заполните пропуски соответствующими вопросительными словами.
1. … and … were you born?
2. … were your favourite subjects at school?
3. … many new subjects do you study at University?
4. … did you decide to enter the Ural State University of Economics?
5. … influenced your choice?
XV. Поставьте вопрос к выделенным словам в предложении. Начните вопрос с указанного слова.
1. I finished school last year. When…
2. We study Economics. What…
3. He is taking an exam now. Who …
4. She studied at school in Pyshma. Where …
5. We have already taken 3 exams this month. How many …
XVI. Прочитайте и письменно переведите весь текст.
Schooldays of a Rock Star
Bill Wyman, now in his sixties, was a member of The Rolling Stones, one of the most successful rock bands in the world. Here he tells us about his childhood.
“I was one of three kids out of my primary school to get a place at grammar school. I was happy because I liked learning, but my father wasn’t very pleased because I had to wear a uniform. The uniform was expensive, and we were very poor. Also I needed a bicycle because the school was a long way from where I lived.
One day, a boy from school invited me to his house. It was a lovely house – a palace compared with mine. My father said I couldn’t invite my friend back to my house. In fact I didn’t want my friends to visit me – it was too embarrassing.
We lived in a small house. We had no electricity or running water, and the toilet was in the garden. There was no heating in the house. In winter there was ice on the inside of our bedroom windows, so getting out of bed was really hard.
School was going well: I was about 16 and had to take my exams. But one day my father said, “Right, I’ve had enough of your school. You’re leaving.”
I left school and started earning money for the family and I never went to college. That was the end of my education but I can’t complain – after that I got into music, and the rest is history!”