1. Откройте скобки и поставьте глагол в нужном по смыслу времени. Переведите предложения.
1. What places of interest you (to visit) during your stay in Montreal?
2. You ever (to be) to this shipyard?
3. When your ship (to leave) the port?
4. They (to go sightseeing) tomorrow?
5. ─ The chief Mate (to plot) the course? – Not yet. He still (to do) it.
6. Our cadets just (to visit) the Houses of Parliament.
7. The sailors (to check) the life-boats when the Master came.
2. Ответами на какие вопросы являются следующие предложения?
1. We were loading the cargo at 7 a. m. yesterday (when).
2. The sailors were cleaning the holds to keep them in good order (why).
3. The officer of the watch was making entries into the log-book (what).
4. Four motormen were repairing the main engine when the cadets came (how many).
5. The Chief Mate was showing the life-boats to the inspector at that time (whom).
3. Вставьте предлоги, где это необходимо. Переведите предложения.
A: When is the ship arriving … Belfast?
B: I think … two days.
A: Will you go … sightseeing?
B: I will if I am free … watch.
A: Who will tell you … Belfast?
B: Chief Officer Borisov will. He was … Belfast some years ago. He was very pleased … his stay … the city.
4. Вставьте глагол to have (got) или to be в соответствующей форме. Переведите предложения.
Kate … a teacher of English. She … many students. Today Kate … four classes. Now it … 10 o`clock in the morning. Kate … in the class-room. There … 20 students in the class-room. They … at their desks. They … some books on the desks. The books … in English. These … good books.
5. Переведите на английский язык.
─ Когда вы впервые посетили судно?
─ Какое судно вы посетили?
─ Кто показывал вам судно,
─ Что делали члены экипажа во время вашего визита?
─ Что вы увидели на судне?
─ Каковы главные помещения судна?
─ Что вам больше всего понравилось на этом судне?
6. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
My name is Oleg Petrov. I was born in 1984 in the seaman`s family in Vladivostok. At that time my father was a motorman, now he is a Chief Engineer of a big cargo ship. My mother is a doctor, she works at a hospital.
I`ve got a sister and a brother. Both my sister and my brother are younger than me.
At the age of seven I went to school. I did well at school and I took an active part in the school social life. When at school I was good at mathematics, history and English.
We had a very good nautical club at our school and I attended classes there. In the club we learnt to row and to navigate small sailing boats, we defined the ship`s position and plotted their route on charts.
My training in the club did me a lot of good. When I finished school my father advised me to become a seaman.
Now I am a first-year cadet of the Maritime Academy.
7. Ответьте на вопросы.
1. What is this text about?
2. What is Oleg Petrov?
3. How old is he?
4. Where was he born?
5. What are his parents?
6. How large is his family now?
8. Расскажите о себе.