Контрольная работа №4
I. Найдите в тексте и напишите слова, противоположные по значению следующим и переведите их:
Образец: difficult – easy; трудный – легкий
7. cool (v.)
II. Перепишите следующие условные предложения I и II типов, выбрав правильную форму глагола. Переведите на русский язык.
1) I тип (реальное условие)
If I study hard I shall pass my exam.
Если я буду усердно учиться, я сдам экзамен.
2) II тип (маловероятное условие, относится к настоящему и будущему времени; сослагательное наклонение)
If they passed the exam they would be happy.
Если бы они сдали экзамен, то были бы счастливы.
1. If it … raining by 11 o‘clock we will cancel the picnic (doesn‘t stop; didn‘t stop)
2. If I … that she liked discos I would invite her. (know, knew)
3. Your brother … his exam if he works hard. (will pass; would pass)
4. Peter … on the trip to Las Vegas, if he had enough money. (would go, will go)
III. Найдите три условных предложения в тексте, выпишите их и переведите на русский язык.
IV. Просмотрите текст и найдите ответы на вопросы.
1. What were American families like in the old days?
2. What are American families like now?
Homes for elderly people
1. In the old days, American families were bigger. People had more children, and great-grandparents lived with their families. But now, families are smaller and many old people live alone. At the same time, Americans are living longer and longer. The numbers of old people are always growing.
2. If old people want to be near their friends and family, they’ll stay in their old homes and won’t move from their hometown. But if they don’t have a lot of friends and want to meet new people they will go to live in a quiet place with other people of their age.
3. A large number of old people are known to move to the South. Warm climate proves to be the greatest attraction for them. They do not have to walk through the snow in winter, or pay a lot of money for heating.
4. There are new towns in the South only for old people. If a family has one person over the age of 50, and no children under 18 years old it may live in Sun City.
5. Sun City is a quiet town, but it is interesting. It is known for Arizona´s largest swimming pool, a very good library and eleven golf courses. The town has churches, sports centers, an orchestra and two beautiful boating lakes. It also has nearly 150 clubs.
6. There are hospitals in Sun City of course. Old people often have to go to hospital. But the hospitals are small. If old people get sick they will have to leave Sun City. Soon new and bigger hospitals will open.
7. Sun City has a lot of wonderful things, but there is one thing it does not have. There is not one children´s school in Sun City.
V. Прочтите текст и следующие за ним утверждения. Проверьте себя, как вы поняли текст. Запишите номера утверждений, которые соответствуют содержанию текста.
1. Americans used to have large families in the old days.
2. American families have many children now and great grandparents live with their families.
3. Many old people move to the North.
4. There are special town for elderly in America.
VI. Перепишите и письменно переведите на русский язык 1, 3 и 5 абзацы.