КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА 3
1. Выберите действительную или страдательную форму глагола. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. The plane (delays; is delayed). It hasn’t been announced yet.
2. Her parents (bought; were bought) a lot of books for her.
3. Shoes (make; are made) at the factory.
4. This jumper (has washed; has been washed) twice.
2. Переделайте предложения из действительного залога в страдательный, сохраняя видовременную форму сказуемого. Напишите и переведите полученные предложения на русский язык.
1. Cows eat grass.
2. Before the World War II this famous company had made carpets.
3. I promised my children the tickets to the circus.
4. People are constructing modem buildings for many different purposes.
5. The mechanics will repair the engine quickly and efficiently.
3. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
Water can appear in three phases. It takes many different forms on Earth: water vapour and clouds in the sky; seawater and rarely icebergs in the ocean; glaciers and rivers in the mountains; and aquifers in the ground.
Water can dissolve1 many different substances, giving it different tastes and odors. Water fit for human consumption2 is called drinking water or potable water.
Water that is not potable3 can be made potable by distillation (heating it until it becomes water vapour, and then capturing the vapour without any of the impurities it leaves behind), or by other methods (chemical or heat treatment that kills bacteria).
This natural resource is becoming scarcer in certain places, and its availability is a major social and economic concern. Currently, about one billion people around the world routinely drink unhealthy water. Most countries accepted the goal of halving by 2015 the number of people worldwide who do not have access to safe water. Water, however, is not a finite resource (like petroleum is), but rather recirculated as potable water in precipitation in quantities many degrees of magnitude higher than human consumption. Therefore, it is the relatively small quantity4 of water in reserve in the earth. Water-poor countries use importation of goods as the primary method of importing water (to leave enough for local human consumption), since the manufacturing process uses around 10 to 100 times products´ masses in water.
The problem of protecting natural water resources has grown very pressing for many countries since the beginning of the second half of the 20th century. The development of human society, the growth of civilization and social and technical progress have resulted in the changing of the composition of natural water resources. The rivers, lakes and ground waters contain today the products of mechanical, chemical and biological pollution.
Пояснения к тексту
1) dissolve — растворять;
2) consumption — потребление;
3) potable — годный для питья;
4) quantity - количество.
4. Закончите предложение, выбрав соответствующий вариант окончания.
The problem of protecting natural water resources has grown very pressing for many countries since ...
b) the beginning of the second half of the 20th century.
c) the beginning of the second half of the 19th century.
5. Перепишите вопросы к тексту и письменно ответьте на них.
1. What forms does water take on Earth?
2. What is called drinking water or potable water?
3. Water as natural resource is becoming scarcer in certain places, isn’t it?
4. What do water-poor countries use as the primary method?
5. Why has changed the composition of natural water resources?