1. Напишите первую форму следующих глаголов: founded, developed, studied, carried, constructed, surrounded, existed, joined, entered, worked, trained, headed; taught, meant, cut, grew, laid, broke, saw, became, got, gave, wrote, sold
2. Напишите вторую и третью формы следующих глаголов (Past Indefinite, Participle II): live, invite, ask, answer, last, fail, pass, allow, plan, connect, repeat, look; say, show, tell, have, begin, take, do, spend, go, drive, win, lie
3. Переведите предложения на русский язык:
Не has always helped me during our study.
I have finished Exercise 1.
My friend has received a letter from India.
She has made a mistake in her test.
The child has slept in the open air.
4. Переведите предложения на русский язык, отразив смысловое различие, внесённое глагольными формами. Определите время глагола в обоих предложениях:
I shall be translating a very difficult scientific article during the second week of April.
By April I shall have translated a very difficult scientific article.
5. Поставьте глаголы, заключённые в скобки, в Past Indefinite или Present Perfect:
I (have) a busy day today.
She (have) a busy day last Sunday. I (be) to London twice.
When (be) you there?
They (come) back from the North a month ago.
6. Напишите следующие предложения в Past Indefinite и Future Indefinite:
You must introduce the new methods.
Children can help their parents about the house.
The girl may stay at home.
7. Заполните пропуски модальными глаголами или их эквивалентами:
You ... not break the rules.
The teacher... explain the meaning of every word at the last lesson.
The students ... use a dictionary while translating the text.
He ... leave the lesson when he fell ill.
Must we do all this work? No, you ....
Children ... easily make up stories.
1 shall ... see my group-mates in the afternoon.
You ... speak to him at once. Why didn´t you?
They will ... learn all the words of Unit 3.
Will you ... teach your friend to swim?
8. Поставьте предложения в прошедшем и будущем времени; укажите время и залог глагола:
The new metro stations are being built in our city.
Many subjects are studied by the students at our Institute.
The letters are received early in the morning.
News is reported over the radio every day.
The exercises are checked up in class.
The children are taken great care of.
The delegations are shown around our city.
Urgent messages are sent by wire.
Oranges are grown in the South.
Hats are sold at the millinery.
9. Поставьте глаголы, заключённые в скобки, в соответствующую форму страдательного залога:
Our guests (show) around the city now.
Art festivals (be held) every other year.
This scientific problem (speak) much about lately.
The lecture (deliver) in French next time.
The method (put) in practice a few months ago.
A new method (put) in practice now.
A lot of beautiful buildings (built) since that time.
The article (write) soon.
Another excursion (organize) for our group last Saturday.
10. Поставьте все типы вопросов к следующим предложениям:
A taxi has been sent for.
Many poems were learnt by heart.
The play will be much spoken about.
The child´s temperature is taken each hour.
The story is being read aloud.
11. Ответьте на следующие вопросы письменно:
When was America discovered?
By whom was it discovered?
The new continent was named after Amerigo Vespussi, wasn´t it?
Why was the continent named after Amerigo Vespussi ?
Переведите тексты письменно.
Text №1 Oxford
The city of Oxford is like London. It is very old, it is international and it is situated on the river Thames.
Oxford is a beautiful and a very green city. Green fields and parks surround the city. The river Thames is situated quite near the city.
We say that Oxford is old and historical because it has existed since 912. The University was founded in 1249. Oxford is international because people