КОНТРОЛЬНАЯ РАБОТА 4
1. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Выпишите из каждого глагол-сказуемое и определите его видовременную форму и залог. Напишите форму инфинитива глагола.
1. The rent includes gas and electricity.
2. Automobile industry has been developing in our country since 1917.
3. Blinov designed and constructed a track-laying tractor driven by a steam engine.
4. Combustion will rise the temperature and expand the gases.
5. The connecting rod is pushing the piston upwards.
6. Several types of tractors have been produced for work in agriculture.
2. Выберите нужную форму глагола. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Выберите требуемую по смыслу форму глагола и переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. If I ... (take) some medicine my stomach-ache ... (disappear).
2. If the previous occupants ... (look) after the flat well it... (be) so dirty now.
3. If he ... (put) the car keys somewhere safe he ... (lose) them yesterday.
4. If I ... (be) you I ... (waste) my time.
3. Перепишите и переведите предложения на русский язык. Выпишите причастный (Absolute Participle Construction) или инфинитивный (Complex Object, Complex Subject) оборот и определите его тип.
1. The character of Mickey Mouse is known to be created by Walt Disney.
2. I saw your advertisement appear in the newspaper.
3. The working day being over, the city transport was overcrowded.
4. Перепишите и письменно переведите текст.
All over the world, people are gaining access to the Internet. More and more people are using computers to go online. This change has hap¬pened quickly. For example, in 1997, there were fewer than eight million Internet users in Japan. Just five years later, there were almost 65 million. During that same period, Internet use around the world grew by 600%. The Internet is affecting many lives, and it is changing how we communicate. But are these changes good or bad?
The Internet can be a great tool for communication. Everyone agrees on that. People can use e-mail to keep in touch with family and friends whether they are far away or just across town. Sending an e-mail message is quick, easy, and cheap. People can also use the Internet to find new friends. Do you want to talk about politics or sports or how to find true love? Go online! You will find people who share your interests. Maybe you will make friends in distant places and learn about other cultures. In many ways, the Internet can bring people together.
However, some people say that the Internet has the opposite effect. They claim that it is leading to less communication, not more. These people believe that time online means time alone. "The Internet is taking people away from their families and friends," they say. "It draws people away from their communities, and that is not good."
So, what is actually happening? Researchers are trying to find out. They are studying the effects of the Internet on our lives. They are looking at the behavior of people who use it and people who do not. At this point, there are two basic ideas about what is happening. Some researchers who have done studies in the United States have bad news for people who often go online. They report that people who use the Internet on a regular basis are more often lonely and unhappy. They say that these people are spending time at their computers instead of with other people, so they have less active social lives.